Complaint Review: tuffy auto service center

• Submitted: Sat, August 04, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 31, 2013

• Reported By: ED — ft wayne Indiana United States of America
tuffy auto service center
6202 plantation lane FORT WAYNE, IN 46815 fort wayne, Indiana United States of America

tuffy auto service center Cant even do a simple oil change fort wayne, Indiana

*General Comment: Overkill

Tuffy auto broke my oil fill cap on my 2007 model car and wouldnt replace it. they were the last place to change the oil in my car and we took it back for another routine oil change and they told me it was stripped. I told them they were the last place to touch the car and Tim, the shop manager told me that that doesnt mean that we broke it. I was heated and instead of taking a trip to jail i had to leave. Please people stay away from this place. They are known for doing "shotty" work on cars. They cant even perform a simple oil change. I understand that caps like that can break, but for god sake own up to it and make it right. It is a $5.00 part. Now they lost my business forever and i hope that other people read this and take the advice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2012 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tuffy-auto-service-center/fort-wayne-Indiana-46815/tuffy-auto-service-center-Cant-even-do-a-simple-oil-change-fort-wayne-Indiana-922470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tuffy auto service center

#1 General Comment

Overkill

AUTHOR: Dustin H - (United States of America)

I find it strange that this customer feels it's necessary to make 2 posts about the same issue.  It seems they are going out of their way to take the blame off of them.  From the account of the store owner on ED's first rant it sounds like Tuffy's was actually going above and beyond to make sure the car was mechanically sound.  Would you really want to drive around with a bad oil cap?  What if it falls off and dirt and dust get into you're oil?  Then you're really screwed.  This is an awful lot of quibbling over what appears to be $3.  What a waste of time and effort to try and keep everyone from going to any business over $3.  In fact, I'm taking my van there today to get the brakes fixed.

Liberals