Complaint Review: Tuners Depot Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, July 24, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, July 24, 2013

• Reported By: Tom — Chicago Illinois
Tuners Depot Inc.
1213 S State College Blvd Fullerton, California USA

Tuners Depot Inc. BEWARE: They send out faulty products,avoid returns, phone calls and emails. Fullerton California

*Consumer Suggestion: Tunerdepot needs to answer phone and VM

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Item was 2 YEARS old, not 3 days old

This company is terrible. I ordered a set of headlamps with HID bulbs and after installing them by a professional on the second day they started fogging,on the 3rd day the HID on the passenger side went out. I called right away and was told to send back the product. I paid $50 to ship it back,they held it for over 2 months, I called every week to check on the status.They kept on saying the same thing over and over. Ryan, the employee that was taking care of my return was apparantly to lazy to do anything with it.After a month  I called every day,sometimes as much as 15-20 times a day during different times and no one was picking up. I left voice mails over and over and did not get any calls back. Finally one day I got a hold of the manager and told him the situation. He told me that they cant do anything on their side,they can only send me the faulty product back and a check for $60. Got the package back yesterday. Items look more messed up than the time I sent it back for the first time,and guess what ...NO CHECK either. Avoid these guys at all costs. They just want your money for cheap quality aftermarket products.Bad company,bad customer service and definitely bad products. If you are planning on buying from them I suggest you spend the extra buck to get it somewhere else, its just not worth it at tunersdepot.

-Tom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2013 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tuners-Depot-Inc/Fullerton-California-92831/Tuners-Depot-Inc-BEWARE-They-send-out-faulty-productsavoid-returns-phone-calls-and-em-1069813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tuners Depot Inc.

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Tunerdepot needs to answer phone and VM

AUTHOR: john - (USA)

I have been trying to order a new ballast for lexus headlights from tunerdepot.com. The 2 website listing for a 2007 RX400h are inconsisent and apparently incorrect. I did get an email response from tunerdepot tech support as follows: " That particular ballast will not fit your 07' RX400h assembly. We can special order your a Koito original ballast which will take 1-2 days for us to get and another 2-3 days to you. Your cost will be $149.95 shipped assuming your here in the Continental US. If you would like to place the order please call at 877-968-8688 and we can take the order by phone being we do not have this item listed online. Thanks, Customer Service On 11/15/2016 2:31 PM"

Yet I called multiple times Tuesday afternoon and wednesday morning and afternoon and left voice mail (VM) message.  Then i followed up with response email to confirm that a return would be allowable in case it did not work and to quickly order the part. No reply to calls, voicemail or email to date.

If tunerdepot will not even communicate with customer to sell an item offline from their website, how can anyone expect a return request to go through?

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Item was 2 YEARS old, not 3 days old

AUTHOR: TunersDepot - ()

The customer who posted this complaint bought the itmes from us on May 30. 2011, on order# SO5614 to be sent to Chicago, IL 60634. Customer then tried to return it 2 YEARS later (not 2 days later) in early 2013. We tried to send it in for warranty anyway, but were denied. We informed the customer, but he was indignant and repeatedly called to complain about it. We paid $50 to have it shipped back to the customer. Customer then posted the false report.

While Spyder warranties their products for 90 days, as a service to our customers, we offer a full 1 year warranty. There is no one on earth who warranties headlights for 2+ years due to their exposure to heat, the elements, etc. Not even Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc warranty their headlights for that long.

We will happily provide proof of the above to whoever wishes to see it, and welcome 3rd party arbitration on the matter.