Complaint Review: turbo tax green dot card

• Submitted: Wed, August 03, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, September 13, 2011

• Reported By: jody — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
turbo tax green dot card
monrovia, CA monrovia, California United States of America

turbo tax green dot card Will not return stolen funds even though I have done everything I was asked to do. monrovia, California

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

*Consumer Comment: Green Dot. Sorry you got screwed too!

Last year my 2009 tax return was put on a Green Dot Card via Turbo tax.com. Everything was fine except someone got a hold of my account numbers and $5,000 dollars was drained from the account in several purchases over 3 days. I called and informed green dot corp immediately upon noticing this. Most of the transactions were still pendinding but the company said I need to tell them which purchases were fraudulent in writing and mail it in to them. They could have stopped those purchases from clearing but waited for a hand mailed letter of what I tried to tell them over the phone. I also contacted police and filed a report. Greendot said that they were in the process of returning the funds when I called to check on the claim. On the eleventh day I was told I had to resubmit my paperwork. When I did they said they could no longer return my funds because I had failed to protect my account numbers. When I submitted again after informing them I did protect my account numbers and that none of the the purchases used my four digit code they denied my claim again stating reasons were "other". I have asked to have a manager from Monrovia, CA call me but have never received a call. 8 times I have waited for a manager to call me back. It has been over a year and I will be taking to small claims court next. I thought the Visa logo meant Visa Protection? Does anyone else have any ideas? Help! I have since run on some bad times and that money would save my life what can I do when I can only wait for a manager to call me back? The turbo tax service is fine and I have continued to use Green dot to get money from out of state but I have to take the money off fast since there is no protection for the money on the card!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2011 01:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/turbo-tax-green-dot-card/monrovia-California-/turbo-tax-green-dot-card-Will-not-return-stolen-funds-even-though-I-have-done-everything-760100. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on turbo tax green dot card

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

We apologize for your experience. We are here to help, unfortunately, without all the information on this case we are not able to give you more details through this response. We would like to further review this case with you, please send us an email to custcareref@greendotcorp.com, include a contact number and your full name so we can reach you directly.

Green Dot. Sorry you got screwed too!

AUTHOR: Curt D - (United States of America)

If you look at these sites, people often wonder just WHY Green DOT has an A+ rating. Including ME! Just look at all these complaints!  http://www.trustlink.org/Ask-The-Com...-A-rating-4598

I purchased a Green Dot card to have my direct deposit. At that time, I lived at the YMCA here in Phoenix, AZ. I had no problems but, as soon as I move to an apartment complex, they cancel my card and say, "I'm sharing my personal information and that at least 10 other people have Green dot cards at my apartment complex." Greendot obviously don't recognize individual apartments as ONE household! I am only the second person to ever occupy my apartment as they are kind of new. Well, they sent back my direct deposit and it took over three weeks for me to be reissued my money. However, I incurred $75 in late (rental) fees and, an eviction notice that goes against my credit rating. MAJOR damages! No, the BBB does not help! Green dot did however offer me $25 for my troubles (Cara Almon) called me and she offered that. Humm, $75 out of pocket late fees and a damaged credit. Do they really think that $25 will buy me off? NO! Green dot are thieves, scammers and they discriminate!
If any one wants a good card, get Bank Freedom! bankfreedom.com I've used them since Green Dot and, I have had no problems with them at all!