Complaint Review: turbotax/intuit.inc

• Submitted: Mon, May 13, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, May 13, 2013

• Reported By: jack — newport Tennessee
2800 commerce center place tucson, Arizona USA

turbotax/intuit.inc turbotax not free they sent me a bill tucson Arizona

I filed what I thought was a free income tax return on the turbotax website. Now two months later I get a bill for 142.29 from turbotax' intuit. The y added some audit defense for 60.00 and charged me 75. for the return but they didnt forget uncle sam for 7.31.

The letter ias dated the 10th but  the due date is the 17th what a joke. Apparantly the letter took 5 days to arrive to my mailbox so realistically I got an extortion letter demanding a payment in 2 days. I went back on the website and tried to access my account to see how they arrived at these chargesbut could only access basic information but nothing related to the acummalation of these ridiculous charges. Ive been filing my taxes online through another IRS approved filer and never had any trouble before. Why I used turbotax I don't know, but it's a fact I won't use their bogus fraudulent service again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/turbotaxintuitinc/tucson-Arizona-85706/turbotaxintuitinc-turbotax-not-free-they-sent-me-a-bill-tucson-Arizona-1050541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on turbotax/intuit.inc