- Report: #879813
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: turtleshack
turtleshackInternet United States of America
turtleshack turtle shack they do not honor their service Internet, Internet
*Author of original report: Why is it my fault?
*Consumer Suggestion: You didnt read up before you ordered...
I call and i get different answers of methods to contact the billing dept (aside of one rude not helpful person named michael / mike. the other guys are ok). well finally out of the 4 methods of contact. one of them worked.
I got an email stating i would get a refund of $42.77. Ok thats a progress. So I email and call again. And i was told they are not aware of people getting penalized for canceling. (because i thought maybe they do). Also I'm reading through their website and my original receipt. There is no penalty disclosure. [continued below]....
Now i'm hoping i really do get at least the $42 they promise. Either way they stiffed me with $10.69. But I rather get stiffed for $10 than $50.
But let's get back to why i cancelled. I cancelled because a day and half went by and i still did not get my turtle. I paid for the next day delivery (1 day). i called and i was told it would be a day after they can verify i "live" here because the visa i used had a different mailing address (p.o. box).
I asked the guy how many days would that take. he said it usually takes 5-7 business days. that's when i decided to cancel and just buy me a turtle locally. I'm not going to pay for "next day" if really i'm lucky if i get it "next week."
My suggestion pay an extra $10 for the turtle. with an advantage of being able to:
1. see the turtle BEFORE buying it.
2. Have a better guarantee on the pet.
3. Being able to just show up at the store and actually talk to someone than having to call and hope you get help or wait around for an email.
4. You can pay cash and just get your money back right away. - because 14 BUSINESS days is ridiculous maybe more b/c it's over 30 days and still no $$ for me- usually it should take 2-3 days.
B.J. - Ft. Worth, TX
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2012 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/turtleshack/internet/turtleshack-turtle-shack-they-do-not-honor-their-service-Internet-Internet-879813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.