• Report: #1092014

• Updated: Tue, October 15, 2013

• Reported By: Rick — Sanford Florida
TurtleShack.com
6821 Industrial Ave. Port Richey, Florida USA

TurtleShack.com Turtle Shack Bad business practices - terrible customer service. Port Richey Florida

I see that my exact complaint has been voiced already on RipoffReport.com,  but i'm confirming what they said was true.  My daughter wanted 2 hatchling turtles and we ordered them online.  Since we live only 2 hours away from Port Richey FL, we chose the ground transportation for shipping. Next day i get a call from them saying they only ship live animals via Next-Day air, which  is $30.  I explained that we live on a couple hours away and it doesnt make sense to pay for next day shipping.  They told me that they couldnt gaurantee the turtles would live, even though it would probably only take about 24-30 hours to get to me. I said just cancel the order.  A week later i still hadnt gotten a refund on my credit card.  Called them on phone and was told "yeah, it will take 10-14 days to get your refund", but if you have questions then email us at Turtleshack@Verizon.net.  I sent 2 emails to them and never got a reply, and didnt get the refund until the  14th day, minus a 20% restocking fee that they didnt tell me about.  How is it that my payment gets to them the same day, but it takes them 2 weeks to refund?  Since i cancelled the day after the order, there was no return...the turtles never got shipped.  How can they charge me a restock fee?  This place is a really badly run business.  My recommendation is dont shop there.  I kind of felt sorry for the guy who was working in the store, as every time i called, all the phone lines were lit up and he was having to put everyone on hold to try to answer them.  Sounded pretty exasperated.  I wonder who is the schmuck that  owns this place?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TurtleShackcom/Port-Richey-Florida-34668/TurtleShackcom-Turtle-Shack-Bad-business-practices-terrible-customer-service-Port-Ric-1092014. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TurtleShack.com