Complaint Review: TV Superstors

• Reported By: D — Great Falls Virginia
TV Superstors
140 58th ST Brooklyn, New York USA

TV Superstores Buyer Beware - Sells REFURBISHED JUNK as NEW Brooklyn New York

The TV Superstores Rep talked me out of the Sharp Quattron TV I wanted to order, up-selling me a model that was "Video Optimized" with a higher resolution , stating that the model I originally wanted only came with a 90-Day Warranty because it was "discontinued".  (There was an additional $400 upcharge for changing models, but they told me this was a 480 Hz Model and that this set came with a 12-Month Warranty).  Fast forward, and what I received was a REFURBISHED TV, with a very serious screen error.  Before I even realized there was a problem, I called them back to complain that the SPECs on the set didn't match what they had promised, and the model number didn't match, either, and so they refunded the "up-charge" for this phantom model.  Then, when I realized the set was faulty, I was left to deal with the manufacturer, who confirmed it was REFURBISHED.  This store sold a REFURBISHED unit as NEW, and misrepresented the specifications of what they sold me.  TV Superstores, LIED to me about the SPECs of this TV, LIED to me about the Warranty and LIED by selling me a REFURBISHED set at a NEW Set Price. Be very wary of a store whose phone answering system won't let you leave a message, after hours, and one with limited hours of availability.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2014 07:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TV-Superstors/Brooklyn-New-York-11220/TV-Superstores-Buyer-Beware-Sells-REFURBISHED-JUNK-as-NEW-Brooklyn-New-York-1145795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TV Superstors