Complaint Review: TWA Resale

• Updated: Mon, October 05, 2009

• Reported By: Brian — Cincinnati Ohio USA
TWA Resale
130 East Longwood Orlando, Florida United States of America

TWA Resale Timeshare Worldwide Associates, TWA Resales, S.F.C. Group, Inc. timeshare sales company. They offer to sell your timeshare. Orlando, Florida

Jackie McClain, a sales person from TWA Resale, called almost one year ago (December of 08, I think) offering to get me and my wife out of our timeshare by selling it for us.  She indicated that TWA resale has a very high success rate in selling timeshares, and that nearly all are sold within 90 days.  Jackie was a very pleasant saleswoman and defineately "sweet talked" us into handing over a thousand dollars to put our timeshare into the hands of supposedly dedicated sales people who would do everything they could do to sell our timeshare for us.

She stated that our timeshare would be advertised in promotional materials and that she would conduct personal "showings" with prospective buyers.  She claimed that TWA Resale, located in Orlando, FL, had a large number of clients looking to buy timeshares, and that many were foreign investors.  She claimed that the market conditions were just right becasue foreign investors were taking advantage of a depressed real estate market to buy access to premere properties (and that my timeshare located on Hanalei Bay in Princeville, Hawaii would generate a great deal of interest among these investors looking to snap up timshares in Hawaii).

Jackie claimed that she would immediately schedule a presentation, or "showing", over the weekend and that she would call me immediately following the showing to let me know what had happened.  That was nearly one year ago.

Since then I have periodically called and left messages inquiring on updates.  While I can't recall ever getting a call unless I initiated it by leaving a message, I do get return calls after leaving messages.  Usually they are from Jackie's supervisor, Brian, who invariably informs me that there is a showing scheduled over the coming weekend, and that something may come of that.  Nothing ever does.

I paid a thousand dollars and was ripped off.  These people took my money and I'm not sure they have actually done anything since then to sell my timeshare.  Please avoid TWA Resale, they will dazzle you with sweet talk, take your money, and run.  These people are clearly interested in getting their fee, and don't seem to exert time or effort in actually making a sale.  I'm guessing that the vast majority of their profit comes from getting the fee, and that a small percentage, if any, comes from making a sale.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2009 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWA-Resale/Orlando-Florida-/TWA-Resale-Timeshare-Worldwide-Associates-TWA-Resales-SFC-Group-Inc-timeshare-sales-504605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWA Resale