Complaint Review: Two Marines Moving

• Reported By: Katy T. — Washington Dist of Columbia
Two Marines Moving
6001 Lane Drive Alexandria, Virginia USA

Two Marines Moving Lost or stolen property Alexandria Virginia

I used Two Marines Moving a few weeks ago for my move.  The day of the move was stressful and I wasn't given an opportunity to inspect the back of the truck, which was my fault, but the guys seemed to have done a good job and I wasn't offered the option so I didn't think about it.  I was hurriedly asked to sign a non-itemized receipt.  When I finished unpacking I realized that almost every purse and pair of shoes I own were missing, some of which were quite expensive.  I called the company and got someone on the phone who was dismissive and told me to check with my old and new buildings.  I did that and the stuff was nowhere to be found.  I know it wasn't in my old building because I went back there after the movers left to clean up and turn in my keys.

Since then I've gotten one guy to help me but he's pretty unresponsive and keeps forgetting what we're talking about.  He said he was going to check with my new building to look at security footage and when I called to ask if he had done so he said he thought I was going to do that.  I got fed up and wrote a bad review on yelp and the owner of the company responded writing a nasty response accusing me of being a bad customer and a liar.  He really flew off the handle.  I still haven't gotten any help from them despite filing a police report and they've brushed me off at every turn.  I paid for insurance but they won't even discuss that.  The owner was very upset at what he perceived as an accusation of stealing but I don't know what happened.  I just wantt my stuff back or some kind of reasonable reimbursement.  One item in particular was very important to me and expensive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 10:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Two-Marines-Moving/Alexandria-Virginia-22304/Two-Marines-Moving-Lost-or-stolen-property-Alexandria-Virginia-1102597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Two Marines Moving