• Report: #219869

• Submitted: Thu, November 09, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, July 28, 2009

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
TWX Magazine Subscription Service, Magazine Service Center
6125 65th Ave N Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

TWX Magazine Subscription Service , Magazine Service Center Automatic Unauthorized, Unnotified Renewal, Deducted Monies from bank account Minneapolis Minnesota

* : Website to cancel!

*Consumer Comment: couldn't reach the corporate number

On November 8th, 2006, a $54.00 bank deduction was made by TWX Magazine Subscription from my account. I phoned my bank to tell them not to pay the money, but it was too late. I Googled TWX and found this number 800-927-9578. This system is run by an automated voice prompt. In order to reach a live person, you have to say "order new magazines", you are automatically given to a human.

The rude person that answered my call was a lady by the name of Tyra. She unkindly informed me that the company doesn't have to notify you before they charge you a renewal fee. I told her that I wanted them to refund my money immediately for the TIME magazine. She acted as if I had no right to ask for my money back.

After a firm talking to and not taking NO for an answer she finally did what I told her after I asked for the corporate address. (Which she said she couldn't give to me, and I'd have to go through her supervisor to get it) No problem there. I did exactly that.

I spoke with a supervisor by the name of Crystal. She cancelled the renewal for the TIME magazine. I asked if there were any other magazines under my name and she said yes. I told her to cancel them and do not give me any automatic renewals. If you don't ask about other magazines to cancel, they won't tell you. The supervisor also refused to give me the corporate address stating that it is against their policy. Any intelligent person knows that a publicly traded company has to have their corporate office listed.

So, once again, I went to back to the basics, I got the address using the yellow pages via a nationwide search for the company. So if you want to write the corporate office about their unscrupulous practices, here's the address: Magazine Service Center Incorporated, 6125 65th Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55429 or give them a call at 763-537-6122. I hope this helps someone.

When companies like this try to stick it to the consumers, don't get mad, Get Informed, Get Corporate Involved, and Get Your Money Back! By the way, I have already sent my letter to the corporate office naming these 2 individuals by first and last name--this is the information that I made sure I got from the representative and the supervisor, along with the caller i.d. record log of my call into the call center. You have to beat them at their own game. This is information that they must give you when you call--be sure to ask for it up front. Good luck!

Shar
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2006 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWX-Magazine-Subscription-Service-Magazine-Service-Center/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55429/TWX-Magazine-Subscription-Service-Magazine-Service-Center-Automatic-Unauthorized-Unnoti-219869. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX Magazine Subscription Service, Magazine Service Center

#1

Website to cancel!

AUTHOR: Angie203 - (U.S.A.)

You can go to magazineoutlet.com and cancel everything yourself without having to call in if you really can't handle the automated system.

couldn't reach the corporate number

AUTHOR: Litboc - (U.S.A.)

This is my first time coming to this website, and I felt really empowered by reading the advice that Shari had to provide. I got mixed up with this company when I filled out a survey for beauty.com, and I received free magazine subscriptions. Actually, they weren't free, I had to pay $2.00 for shipping and handling for a couple of the magazines, and the others were completely free. My plan was to use the subscription for less than a year and cancel the subscription before they would charge me for the cost of the magazines. I sign up for the subscriptions in August 2008, and I canceled the magazines in April 2009. There were a couple that I did sign up for and some that they automatically signed me up for. I called the first time in April 2009, and canceled the following subscriptions: O! The Oprah Magazine, Time, Business Week, Cosmopolitan, and a couple others that I forget. Even though I used their automated operator and canceled the subscriptions, they still continued to send them. I told my mom, and she said that it's probably taking time for the orders to process. I waited until after graduation, and now it's July 28, 2009. I called them again because the magazines that I canceled are still coming in, and the automated operator told me that some of the magazines that I canceled earlier were still in my account. They hadn't canceled those subscriptions. I decided to look online to see if I could find the contact information of this scam-artist corporation, and then I found Shari's article. I had a very similar experience to Shari: it's impossible to reach an operator, even when I said "order new magazines". I tried calling the phone number provided in the article, and I only got a busy signal. I am going to try looking up their number again, and see what I find. If anyone else has their number, please post it! Thank you for listening. I'm really glad I found a website like this one.