Complaint Review: TWX*FAMHNDYM

• Submitted: Sun, December 08, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, December 08, 2013

• Reported By: mammamia05 — VESTAL New York
unknown unknown, New York USA

TWX*FAMHNDYM magazine service center magazine service center nationwide

*Consumer Comment: In The Same Boat - August 2014

A year ago I made on online purchase. as a thnk you i was given one year subscriptions to magazines for $1.00 each. A real deal yes. this year-today (12/8/13/0 i see my credit card was charged to subscribe to all of them for varying amounts & lengths($19.00 and $25.50 and $ 10.33)

i did not receive any notice or email or emailed bill or emailed receipt--nothing! just a charge--no phone calls etc

i explicitly told them when i purchased them for $1/ each to NOT auto renewal.

they did it anyway.

it iwll take 72+ hours for a refund.

i insisted on a confirmation number of the refunds & complaint.

i was told by employee Christopher Lux that he could no email me a confirmation of oru conversation--but he could ASK another department to do so--whihc would take 3-5 business days!

granted the print magazines at $1.00 each is a deal--but they also charged me without sending the magazines last year--which prompted my angry call then too...to get all straight.

but they need to step up to the plate & conduct business like real people do in the 21st century

they are a MEDIA--print company

they should be able to email notices & charges & bills etc electronically.

hope you check your cards & get refunds.

hope mine go through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2013 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWXFAMHNDYM-/unknown-New-York-13850/TWXFAMHNDYM-magazine-service-center-magazine-service-center-nationwide-1105401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX*FAMHNDYM

In The Same Boat - August 2014

AUTHOR: dxcq - ()

Thanks for originating this report.  Most of us scramble to a search engine these days to try and fix our "issues". :)

Although I actually enjoy Family Handyman Magazine, I have no desire to be automatically charged of $21.00 to renew a subscription that I was not notified about.  I only discovered this charge by regularly checking my credit card statement, which I recommend EVERYONE do on a regular basis.   My transaction identifier is TME*K8052X*FAMHNDYM

This also originated from a $2 "free" magazine subscriptions signed up for in 2013.

I guess if they "get you once", that's sufficient to keep their revenue up, because not all folks are going to force an opt-out.

The most wonderful design for this scheme is that you apparently can't get a refund from the magazine company directly, always directing me to request a refund from the "media company".

We all live in immensily distracting times (thanks to technology and the media), and if we don't choose to "turn it off", the barrage of distractions (including unauthorized charges) will continue.  Oh what fun!!

SAME issues with ALL the magazines I apparently subscribed to during 2013;  Prevention and Time as well.

Regards All.