Complaint Review: TWX*People/Best Buy ,Time Warner Subscriptions

• Submitted: Mon, March 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 02, 2009

• Reported By:Kensington Connecticut
TWX*People/Best Buy ,Time Warner Subscriptions
75 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, New York U.S.A.

TWX*PeopleTWX*People/Best BuyTWX*People/Best Buy ,Time Warner Subscriptions Disingenuous Business Practice & Fraud 75 Rockefeller Plaza New York New York

TWX charged my business credit card first on May 24, 2008 and then Sept 8, 2008 for $56.94 each. The first charge reads "TWX*People/Best Buy" and the second reads "TWX*People". Although I did shop at Best Buy in March 2008 for a laptop, I never authorized a magazine subscription that apparently auto-renews itself. I would not subscribe to People Magazine because my wife already receives it through a school fundraiser. And I certainly would not pay $57 for six months of it.

I called TWX back in June and was told the first charge would be reversed. I am now getting my business books ready for my accountant and during the reconciliation process I noticed that there was no credit and there was second charge. I went through the lengthy call-in process (about 20 minutes) and spoke to a woman, Angela, who refused to credit me saying that I have been receiving the magazine for the past seven months. I explained to her "yes" but it is my wife's subscription from the school fund-raiser. She said that her subscription has not started yet because mine auto-renews itself. I did not get anywhere with her so now I am seeking your help. This angers me because I work hard for my money and TWX is able to take it so easily from me.

Kensington, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2009 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TWXPeopleBest-Buy-Time-Warner-Subscriptions/New-York-New-York-10019-6908/TWXPeopleTWXPeopleBest-BuyTWXPeopleBest-Buy-Time-Warner-Subscriptions-Disingenuous-B-429970. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TWX*People/Best Buy ,Time Warner Subscriptions