Complaint Review: txt360

txt360

txt360 53718 Cell phone messaging rip off, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I got signed up for this even though I have no app

*UPDATE Employee: Explanation of Sign Up

This company somehow got me signed up to receive some premium text plan that sent me only 2 text messages in 2 weeks.  They were useless and valueless.

Text stop to 53718 to quit it.  You should get a response in a minute or so.

I tried calling 800-351-0915 and got nothing.  It was like a dead line.

I called 888-500-7721 and argued briefly before getting a refund offered.   The girl on the phone had a bad accent.  She was very detailed.  She was also polite, but her job is tell you that it is your fault that you signed up for something you didn't want or know about.

I expect that the refund will show up on my bill in a month.  If not, I will be calling my attorney.

Having an attorneys phone number for free consults is a great thing.  I love having pre-paid legal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2011 10:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/txt360/internet/txt360-53718-Cell-phone-messaging-rip-off-Internet-748032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on txt360

I got signed up for this even though I have no app

AUTHOR: Audrey - (United States of America)

I am a very tech savvy person. I understand that the "battery saver" apps are a waste of time/money. I also keep my phone in my pocket and run several free apps that have ads in them.

I should not be able to accidentally sign up for this service through pocket presses, especially if you do business like you say you do and have double sure options to ensure there are no accidental agreements. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened.

I've checked to see if I had accidentally clicked an ad in my pocket to download one of these battery saver apps, and there's not one on my phone. If you do business like you say you do, there should be one.

In fact, there aren't any new apps that shouldn't be there. If they attached this and double plus check it, then shouldn't there be oh..I dunno, the app it's supposedly attached to?

Definitely a scam, and liars to boot. Nice.

Explanation of Sign Up

AUTHOR: Predicto Customer Service - (USA)

We are sorry to hear about your experience.  Please be aware that we at Text360.com take customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to address any concerns you may have.  You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 888-500-7721 so that we can resolve your inquiry; you can also contact our customer service department at www.Txt360.com/support or by sending an SMS message with the word HELP to 53718.    Keep in mind, we post our toll-free customer service number on our website and include it in SMS messages we send to your cell phone.

We use an industry best practice double opt-in to prevent inadvertent or fraudulent sign-ups.  Text360 is offered as a subscription service during the upgrade to a battery application that you downloaded onto your phone.  The battery application is free, however if you choose to upgrade the application, there is a two step process that you have to accept in order to subscribe to the service.  In both steps, prior to signing up, the details along with the terms of service are explained.

We hope this addresses any concerns you may have; if not please contact us and well take care of your issues.

Sincerely,