Complaint Review: TXU Energy

• Updated: Fri, November 16, 2012

• Reported By: Darlene — Gatesville Texas United States of America
TXU Energy
P.O.Box 650764 , Dallas TX 75265 Dallas, Texas United States of America

TXU Energy TXU charge customers for leaving them! Beware of their price protection. You will have to pay later! Dallas, Texas

*Author of original report: Contact from TXU -Negative

*Author of original report: TXU-Savings you will pay at the end.

*Author of original report: TXU Left me broke after leaving them.

*UPDATE Employee: Assistance

I had been with TXU for years. My bills were getting higher and higher every month. I decided to leave TxU for another company. I was current on my payment with TXU. TXU bill usually ran from $300-$400 a month. Myfinally bill put me in shock. It was over $900 dollars. But  no fuss I tried to pay it off. Within two or three weeks TXU had already turned my account over to creditors. Eventually I paid the creditors off. About two months ago TXU wants my business back claming they will give me a cash bonus if I return to them. I decline. This week I received a letter from a different creditor saying I own TXU more money. TXU is secretly draining the hard working people of Texas. I have talked to others and I am not the first to pay back savings I was supposely getting. Is it in the fine print that what you save you will have to repay??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2012 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU-Energy/Dallas-Texas-75265/TXU-Energy-TXU-charge-customers-for-leaving-them-Beware-of-their-price-protection-You-w-969285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU Energy

Contact from TXU -Negative

AUTHOR: Darlene - (United States of America)

TXU finally contacted me on the phone about the situation. He expained to me that since I left saving money that they had to charge me for what I was suppose to be saving.  If I had stayed with them then it would have balanced out. So really you arent saving any money. My bill during that time was anywhere from $350-$450. How was I saving money? I also asked why did they give my account to two different creditors at different times since I had already paid off the first creditor. His reply was I hadnt paid off the original bill. Why not send the bill to the first creditor so it could be paid off? Months later I get another TXU bill! If your thinking of leaving TXU beware of whats going to happen!

Paid off first credtor-received paper from TXU for a $250 bonus if I returned. I declined. Next received another bill from a different creditor. Which is almost the same amount as the bonus. Wonder if I accepted would I be paying for my own bonus! Beware of TXU!

TXU-Savings you will pay at the end.

AUTHOR: Darlene - (United States of America)

Update! TXU contacted me. They say they will investigate the situation. This same situation happened to another ex TXU customer. They hired an attorney to help their situation. Waiting to here from TXU.

TXU Left me broke after leaving them.

AUTHOR: Darlene - (United States of America)

I have sent you all the information  you need to help me and the other past customers understand how TXU operate. I had no idea that it was going to cost me so must when I left TXU for cheaper services. Why am I receiving bills from two different creditors dealing with the same account number and the same bill?

Assistance

AUTHOR: Lauren - (United States of America)

Darlene Wed like to take a closer look at this situation and see how we can help you. Were sorry to have lost your business but want to be sure we clarify this credit situation for you. Please send your

contact and/or account information to me at [email protected] so that I can investigate for you.