Complaint Review: TXU

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: csantiago27 — Humble Texas
TXU
humble, Texas USA

TXU TDU delivery charge added on top of rate mid contract. KWH rate did not change from previous which included TDU humble Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Here to help

I signed up for TXU energy after the purchase of my home approximately 9 months ago. The conversation I had with the TXU representative at the time included examining the details of the plan prior to accepting a 2 year contract.

I asked the representative if the KWH rate included the TDU delivery charge and was told emphatically, yes. I was told that was the reason for the slightly higher charge for the electricity when compared to other companies. With that, I gladly accepted the terms of the contract.

My June bill was abnormally high for my electricity consumption. I looked at my consumption versus last year and could not find any discrepancies with the exception of the price of my bill. I just received my July bill and this too was significantly above my typical bill. Lo and behold, TXU added a TDU delivery charge to my bill in June - the very thing I was told would not happen, and the only reason I opted for the TXU plan.

Now you would think that with the TDU charge no longer being paid for in my KWH rate(as I was told it was included previously), that this rate would then decrease. If you suffer from the same form of logic that I do, well then you would be wrong. My rate stayed at over $0.13/KWH WITH THE ADDITION of a $70 TDU charge each month.

In summation, TXU was deceptive at best with how this was handled. I did not receive any notice about the TDU charge on my account prior to TXU collecting my payment via auto-bill pay. With so many choices here in Texas, I would not recommend TXU because there are so many more affordable and honest companies to deal with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/humble-Texas-77396/TXU-TDU-delivery-charge-added-on-top-of-rate-mid-contract-KWH-rate-did-not-change-from-p-1071372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU

Here to help

AUTHOR: TXU Energy - ()

csantiago27 – We value your feedback and are sorry to hear you feel this way. We would absolutely appreciate the opportunity to investigate what took place. If you’d be kind enough to share your contact information with us at SocialMedia@txu.com, we can take a closer look and reach out to you.