Complaint Review: TXU

TXU
Internet, Texas United States of America

TXU Not honest about electric rate Internet, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: TXU Energy

On September 12, 2011, I changed my electric service from TXU to Reliant Energy.  On September 15, 2011, I was contacted by TXU and asked to come back as a customer.  The lady I talked to told me that the rates were now lower and that she could offer me a fixed rate of .08cents per kwh.  I explained to her that the rate I had with Reliant was a fixed rate but was also dependent on the amount of kwh's I used per month.  She assured me that the rate of .08 cents was a fixed rate and would not fluctuate.  She did indicate that there were monthly mandatory TDU delivery charges, but that was it.

When I got my electricity facts label from TXU, the rate printed was 8.0760 cents per kwh fixed plus a 3,1833 cent per kwh delivery charge.  Also, at the top of the EFL, it shows that my rate would be dependent on the amount of kwh's I used per month, anywhere from 14.1 cents at 500 kWh to 12.0 cents for 2000 kWh - exactly what she assured me would not happen.  She said I would have a fixed rate of 8 cents - Nowhere does it indicate 8 cents per kWh.

I have now changed back to Reliant and will never recommend TXU again.  What they did was very dishonest and the individual I spoke with should be fired.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2011 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/Internet-Texas-/TXU-Not-honest-about-electric-rate-Internet-Texas-780043. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU

TXU Energy

AUTHOR: Greg@TXU - (USA)

Cindy,

I am sorry to hear about your issue. I would like to see if I could help.

Please email me at greg@txu.com so we can discuss.

Greg