Complaint Review: TXU

• Updated: Fri, December 13, 2013

• Reported By: CindyLou — Mexia Texas
TXU
DALLAS MEXIA, Texas USA

TXU TEXAS Over charging on surcharges and changing rate without notification MEXIA Texas

Called to check on my high bill on Dec 3, 2013, they notified me I was paying 14c per killowatt when I was suppose to be non the monthly average plan, told them I wanted to leave company they convinced me to stay if they lowered the rate to 7c per k, 10 days later get another high bill with same old rate, I understand its probably part of the old rate but it should reflect part of the bill with the new rate, an still shows same old plan on bill. Also they offer a warranty for A/C unit for $15 month I accepted, assured me it was effective imediately,

well 10 days later my unit started acting up but since I didn't have any info about the warranty (supposed to get info in mail after agreement, never did) I called TXU to obtain phone number for warranty co and double check on effective date I also requested a client number they told me "again" eff date is imediately and don't need any client number but TXU account number. Called first thing they ask is account number (txu's acc didn't work) so they looked me up by name and address, and you guess right effective day is 30 days after registering. Just to wrap up this I like to mention: "SURCHARGES FEES" $59.79

Now I have a contract for 2 years that I "MUST HONOR"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TXU/MEXIA-Texas-76667/TXU-TEXAS-Over-charging-on-surcharges-and-changing-rate-without-notification-MEXIA-Texas-1106711. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TXU