Complaint Review: U HAUL

• Reported By: R — United States of America
U HAUL
DUNDEE Road ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois United States of America

U HAUL FRAUD BY U HAUL EMPLOYEES ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Illinois

I rented U HAUL moving box truck. Brought the truck back absolutely intact with no damages whatsoever. Upon my return, U Haul employee did their routine inspection of the truck. Absolutely, nothing in my presence was noticed or claimed. I was given clean check out receipt, without any problems or claims on it. All of sudden, In about 20 minutes, after I left, I get call from U Haul store manager claiming boldly that I badly damaged their truck.

Well, my first question was, what on earth are you talking about? But, to my amazement he kept falsely accusing me of damaging their truck. I mentioned to him about the inspection, all he replied that his employee did not notice this bogus damage and he is upset with him. Moreover, the same manager dared to file this fraudulent claim with the insurance company (I purchased this typical renter's insurance) .

In little while,  I get letter from this insurance company stating about filed claim and my financial responsibility. Next., I get call from some insurance rep. women asking me to tell her about how I did damage to that truck. My reaction was, what damage? I told that, I have nothing to explain as I did not do any damage. The real story, probably was that truck was damaged by U Haul employee who concealed it and blamed conveniently me instead.

I said to this insurance rep. that I will email to her check out receipt from U Haul showing absolutely that no damage was done and that would be the end of it. But today, I received in the mail request from this insurance company to pay balance for the damage or be sued. Unbelievable, I've been falsely accused of damage by U Haul, fraudulent insurance claim has been filed and I'm suppose to be responsible? I would love to sue U Haul for fraud and this insurance company for harassment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-HAUL/ARLINGTON-HEIGHTS-Illinois-/U-HAUL-FRAUD-BY-U-HAUL-EMPLOYEES-ARLINGTON-HEIGHTS-Illinois-931638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U HAUL