Complaint Review: U-Haul

• Reported By: Erik — Saylorsburg Pennsylvania
U-Haul
2413 Nazareth Rd Easton, Pennsylvania USA

U-Haul defective, dishonest, fraud, theft, ripped off Easton Pennsylvania

I purchased a hitch rack (part #1040100) from uhaul.com in April.  When I tried to mount it a couple weeks ago, I learned that the rack is defective.  The bolts for the support will not drop into the holes because they are blocked by the mesh portion of the rack.  I brought the rack to U-Haul Moving & Storage of Easton, PA as instructed by U-Haul customer service and the manager on duty (Joe) confirmed that the rack is defective and promised me a refund.  However, he said he was working off the clock and thus, was unable to do the return for me.  He instructed me to come back the following day and have Vinny do the return.  Unfortunately, Vinny was unavailable when I arrived and two subsequent phone calls were also unsuccessful in reach the elusive Vinny.  I left my name and number both times, but apparently he couldn't be bothered to call me back.  This has been going on for a couple weeks now and my patience is up.  I am out $140 and have a defective rack that I cannot use.  The people at U-Haul are crooks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 12:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/U-Haul/Easton-Pennsylvania-18045/U-Haul-defective-dishonest-fraud-theft-ripped-off-Easton-Pennsylvania-1058121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on U-Haul