Complaint Review: u-haul

• Submitted: Tue, October 13, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, October 13, 2009

• Reported By: Dolly — avondale Arizona U.S.A.
u-haul
2727 north central ave phoenix, Arizona United States of America

u-haul installation of hitch,to trailer-installed wrong phoenix, Arizona

i rented a 5by8 trailer from Uhaul in orange ct,on Sept 5,09,traveling across country,here to Arizona,leaving conn,at 3.00am,i heard a rattle,come to a stop only to find,the chains that connected my car to(the hitch)to the trailer,the chains had come a lose,the chains were dragging on the ground,I stopped an physically tied a scarf of mine,to lift the chains from the ground,(i was never told of a roadside assistance service)that is until i reached North Carolina,whereby I called Orange,ct and then was informed of the 800number,so i called..I had stopped for gas and was informed by the gas attendant, that one of the trailer tires was BALL,to add too it.So I was told to take my car & go to a Uhaul dealer,for repair of the tire--which I did,only to find,he the dealer did no repairs on there(uhaul) equipment,I showed him,the scarf tied around the chain,as well as the ball tire-He got upset,and informed me,that UHAUL,should been ashame for allowing me to leave Conn,with my life stood in danger.Well.I was outdone took photos of the chains & tire,upon my arrival here,to avondale,az returning there equipment,I asked the agent for the corporate office,she was dumbfounded,so i left there equipment,and called Uhaul international,I expressed my concerns and I was informed that they would issue me GIFT CERTIFICATES'for my inconviences,I was upset-I have inturned contacted the BBB,once again Uhaul comes back with the "gift certificates",there unprofessional as well as asnind-
I want my money back (318.00):I am not taking NO for an answer
to others BEWARE UHAUL RIPPED ME OFF

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2009 10:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/u-haul/phoenix-Arizona-85004/u-haul-installation-of-hitchto-trailer-installed-wrong-phoenix-Arizona-508889. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on u-haul