Complaint Review: UAC/Carhop

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: holts summit, mo — Holts SUmmit Missouri United States of America
UAC/Carhop
St Joseph, Missouri United States of America

UAC/Carhop Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced!!! St Joseph, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: What's The Real Story?

BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE!!
I went to Carhop to purchase a vehicle in April, 2012. Thankfully, I have only had to deal with the poor customer service a few times. Calling the so called "customer service" has been an absolute nightmare!!

Both times I have had to call to "attempt" to make arrangements, my account was current and in good standing. My attempt to make any arrangement was impossible. I have never dealt with such rude and disrespectful people in my life!

Todays attempt ----- You know the conversation is not going to go well when you hear the tone of their voice answering your call as sounding like they are being put out by my calling and nothing close to customer service oriented. I could actually hear a sigh when the female answered the phone!

I was immediately shot down upon asking for an arrangement. The individual tried to tell me that I called many times for this reason and how I have missed payments, etc etc., which was completely false! As I let her know that she was incorrect and asked her to go back in the notes. She eventually admitted she was wrong, but never apologized for her actions and poor customer service.
She talked over me, refused to let me make an arrangement and made threats and basically told me to shut up and listen to her. I attempted to tell her how I much I did not want to call as I knew from the first time I had called them, several months ago, I had the same experience.  The first time, I asked for a supersvisor and she was worse than the so called "customer service" agent!

Eventually, after a few minutes of listening to her talk down to me, I hung up on her. It seems as if they thrive on arguing and threatening their customers. I can understand if she felt the need to be firm in collecting a payment if I was delinquent and was refusing to make a payment, but that was not the case what so ever.

Everyone has hard times in life and at the time I purchased the vehicle, I was having a tough time financially but needed a vehicle to get back and forth to work. I will never, ever give them my business again and certainly will not suggest them to any family or friends who are having a hard time. I look forward to trading it and never doing business with them EVER again!!

Suggestion to anyone who cares to read this --- even if you have bad credit, no credit. DO NOT BUY FROM CARHOP!! You will regret it as much as I have!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UACCarhop/St-Joseph-Missouri-/UACCarhop-Worst-Customer-Service-I-have-ever-experienced-St-Joseph-Missouri-1002225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UAC/Carhop

What's The Real Story?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

First you say you never called for "arrangements" then you say you called twice.  What makes you think they are obligated to make ANY "arrangements"?  If you remember, you signed a contract which said YOU will make payments on or before the DUE DATE.  Does that same contract also say the DUE DATE is flexible?  Nope!  As a SUBPRIME borrower, you became SUBPRIME by developing a reputation for NOT paying your bills on time.  Here we are today...you want to not pay them on time either!  They've heard it all..."please change the payment date", "please give me a deferment" and on and on.  If money is short, are you out of luck?  No!  Hell no!!!  You get a part time job to help make ends meet!  That's how you solve money problems!  No, I don't work for them.