Complaint Review: UCB, Florida

• Updated: Tue, December 21, 2010

• Reported By: Renee — Danvers Massachusetts United States of America
UCB, Florida
9078 State Rd 84 Fort lauderdale, Florida United States of America

UCB, Florida United Collection Bureau UCB will not stop calling for my ex husband of over 10 years. They keep harassing me and won't stop calling Fort lauderdale, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Renee, don't get mad, GET PAID! Just do this

I have been receiving harassing phone calls from UCB for over a year now.I get collection phone calls from them for my ex-husband of over 10 years. Everytime I speak to a customer service representative, I get told that they have taken my number off of his account and that it will not happen again. The very next day, someone else calls and again harasses me. They want my ex's phone number and address and honestly, I would like it too so I could pass them on to him. My ex hardly ever contacts our son, so I have no idea where he is. The last time we were in the same room, his pyscho girlfriend attacked me because I brought him to court for back support. So, I try to stay away from these two people.

I just want the calls to stop, they call several times a day, more than one day a week and they laugh at me when I say I don't know where he is. Guess I won't hire them to collect the $30K I have coming to me in back support, as they are doing a really crappy job in finding him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2010 08:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UCB-Florida/Fort-lauderdale-Florida-33324/UCB-Florida-United-Collection-Bureau-UCB-will-not-stop-calling-for-my-ex-husband-of-over-673771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UCB, Florida

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Renee, don't get mad, GET PAID! Just do this

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Renee,

The first thing you have to realize is that there are no intelligent life forms at UCB. Crackheads and felons in cubicles who cannot get any other job, They are genuine idiots.

All you have to do is send a CEASE COMMUNICATIONS request as per your rights under FEDERAL LAW. You can read the FDCPA at ftc.com.

STAY OFF THE PHONE!!

Send this CEASE COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST via CERTIFIED MAIL, RETURN RECIEPT REQUESTED and be sure to put the certified# in the body of the letter and keep a copy for your records. DO NOT sign the letter, JUST PRINT!!It is very important to do this exactly as described here.

Now, when they contact you again after they have recieved your LEGAL REQUEST, you can sue them for up to $1000 in statutory damages, all real damages, and costs.

Don't get mad, GET PAID!