Complaint Review: Uhaul Canada

• Updated: Wed, October 31, 2012

• Reported By: mnatiq — Ancaster Ontario Canada
Uhaul Canada
Wellington St. hamilton, Ontario Canada

Uhaul Canada rented me an unsafe truck and used unsafe road side assistance techniques hamilton, Ontario Canada

I recently rented and returned a truck from uhaul. I wanted to let uhaul know that this will be my absolute last time renting a truck from uhaul, my family and friends who helped me with the move have also decided that this is the last time. The reasons why i am so disgruntled are as follow;
1. The trucks instrument cluster did not illuminate, this made it very difficult to drive and check the driving speed at night! this is a Ontario vehicle safety requirement.
2. the driver door had a gap in the top allowing rain water to drip on the driver! this made it very difficult to drive a 26" truck
3. the cargo light did not illuminate, requiring me to purchase lights to use at night.
4. Road side assistance put me and road goers at risk of injury by instructing me to park in a full lot and protruding on the road. i had told road side assistance that it was dangerous and that i would park across the street in a plaza's parking lot. [continued below]....
..... this lead to drivers running over the hazard triangles and swearing to miss the truck. The whole drop off took around 45 minutes in the Hurricane weather

I paid $120 to Uhaul for a dangerous truck and very dangerous road side service. Is Uhaul worth-it!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 08:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uhaul-Canada/hamilton-Ontario-/Uhaul-Canada-rented-me-an-unsafe-truck-and-used-unsafe-road-side-assistance-techniques-ha-962562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uhaul Canada