Complaint Review: Uhaul

• Reported By: Bobby12753 — Ocala Florida United States of America
Uhaul
7465 n Florida ave Citrus Springs, Florida United States of America

Uhaul Do Not Rent From Uhaul Citrus Springs, Florida

*Author of original report: ok Robert

*Consumer Comment: That is why

*Consumer Comment: NOBODY can rent a truck

*Author of original report: Ok Robert

*Consumer Comment: Oh?

*Author of original report: Yes Robert

*Consumer Comment: You rented it for more than a day

*Consumer Comment: Shi**y equipment

*Consumer Comment: So, what did the contract say?

Do Not Rent from Uhaul they are ripoffs. i rented a truck for moving. It was brought back in 26 1/2 hours. i was charged 2 days rental two days insurance and two days taxes and "fees" I was told that I did not have to rush back "It was not rented the next day anyway" When I called and complained I was told "well read your contract" I will never rent from them again. i did go by the place the next day. at 10am and the truck was still sitting there. I called Ryder and was told if I had used them My charges would of been for one day.  So I guess if I ever move again I know who I am using.

Bob Citrus Springs Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2011 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uhaul/Citrus-Springs-Florida-34434/Uhaul-Do-Not-Rent-From-Uhaul-Citrus-Springs-Florida-763772. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uhaul

ok Robert

AUTHOR: Bobby12753 - (USA)

Like I said you need a life

That is why

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

It is often these little details that are left out that often bring a new light on the "RipOff".

If they close at 5PM you brought it back AFTER closing on the 6th.  I would bet that if you had returned it before 5PM they would not have charged you an extra day.

It was because you were already late, and it was not checked-in until the next day is why they charged you.  If they close at 5PM you can't expect them to process returns after 5PM because you decided to stretch out the rental as long as you could.

Just take this as a lesson learned that if you rent from another company to make sure you get there before closing.

NOBODY can rent a truck

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

with four FLAT TIRES!

Ok Robert

AUTHOR: Bobby12753 - (USA)

First off you need to get a life! I rented the truck at 346pm on Friday The 5th of Aug.2011. I brought it back at 505 pm on the 6th of Aug 2011. I hope that clears it up for you.

Oh?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- And you know what they say about Verbal agreements..they are worth about as much as the paper they are written on.  By the way what is the "legal" definition of "a few hours"?

Based on what you have written your times don't make sense.
- Go for it.  Just be sure you have it in writing that they will allow you to keep it "a few hours" if it is not being rented by someone else.

Further, based on what you have written your times don't make sense.

You say you rented it for 26.5 Hours.  You don't give the exact dates as to when you rented it, and it was returned.  But if it was returned(checked-in) at 8:15am when they opened for it to be 26.5 hours on a 1-Day rental that would mean that you would have had to rent it 2.5 hours BEFORE they opened the previous day.   Just how did you pull that off?

Yes Robert

AUTHOR: Bobby12753 - (USA)

Yes Robert you are correct. But when they say a few hours "don't worry about it" That is a verbal agreement. But with the companies computer to computer system there is no "a few hours late. As a matter of fact the contract was checked in at 815 am the next day when they re-opened. So yes it looks like I had it for two days. But at 505 pm i saw the MGR(The guy that told me a few hours late would be ok) and he told me to put the keys and contract in a box and he would take care of it. The next day someone else opened up and charged me for the two days. When I called the guy that told me"a few hours is ok" on Monday he said he was sorry it already went through. I called uhaul and they told me "OH WELL" Thats why I say they are rip offs.. Ryder does not work that way so I will use them next time.....

You rented it for more than a day

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- So by that logic if they didn't rent it for a week it would have been okay for you to keep it until they needed to rent it to another person and you would still only be charged for the one day.

Oh wait you say that is unreasonable.  Well if that is unreasonable then how much time after the 24 hour period should they give you?  15 Minutes? 30 Minutes?  Exactly the same amount of extra time it takes for you to return the truck?

As for the other company they could tell you that they would let you keep the truck for 3 years but it doesn't matter.  Your contract was with U-Haul.  But I would not be surprised if what they "tell" you is not what they have in writing when you go to rent their truck.

Shi**y equipment

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Uhaul rents shi**y equipment.

So, what did the contract say?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

I'll bet it said "24 hours" is a day....how'd I do?
Your comment that it's STILL not rented is irrelevant.