Complaint Review: Ulta

• Updated: Sun, December 11, 2011

• Reported By: Mandy — Lewisville Texas United States of America
Ulta
3333 Preston Rd. Frisco, Texas United States of America

Ulta InStyle Magazine Free magazine scam that uses fraud to hit your bank card with no notice or explanination! Frisco, Texas

When I made a purchase at Ulta I was asked if I wanted a free magazine. I said "ok". I was then told I would receive it in the mail soon. That was all I was told.

A few weeks later I received the magazine with a card that said I would receive another free magazine then my card would be charged for $24.95 to renew automatically. It gave a phone # and website to go to to cancel.

I did not authorize anyone to subscribe me or use my debit card. I went online to cancel. About a month later I received an annonymous email stating my card would be charged within 7 days. I went to my online bank and they had already charged my account the $24.95.

I assumed it was Instyle so I retrieved the card they had sent with their phone # and called them. I demanded they cancel me (again) and refund my money. They said it would take 10-14 days. I called my bank and had them reverse the charges back to InStyle.

A month later I got the same annonymous email stating my card would be charged again. I called the bank and cancelled my debit card. I went online to InStyle and it showed my account had been cancelled back a month ago, yet they were still charging my card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2011 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ulta/Frisco-Texas-75034/Ulta-InStyle-Magazine-Free-magazine-scam-that-uses-fraud-to-hit-your-bank-card-with-no-not-807950. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ulta