Complaint Review: ultimate readers service

• Updated: Sat, January 14, 2012

• Reported By: chipind — Greenville Michigan United States of America
ultimate readers service
P.O. box 771747 Lakewood, Ohio United States of America

ultimate readers service overcharged big time, misrepresented product, won't cancel Lakewood, Ohio

They called me about signing up for magazines. they kept me on the phone for over an hour.  talked about everything under the sun to keep my interest. very friendly and southern. claimed her name was the same as mine.  started off telling me that it was 9.95 a month for 7 magazines.

turned out when i got the bill, it was 39.95 a month for 24 months. in other words, $960.00 for 7 magazines. roughly double the regular subscription price.  refuses to cancel my subscription, even though i have requested it in writing, and on the phone.

continues to call me, threaten me with legal action. sometimes 4 or 5 times a day.  sends me letters that also threaten legal action, and also to ruin my credit.

the last contact i had with them, i told them to bite me. now i just don't answer my phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2012 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ultimate-readers-service/Lakewood-Ohio-44107-6100/ultimate-readers-service-overcharged-big-time-misrepresented-product-wont-cancel-Lakew-822812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ultimate readers service