Complaint Review: Ultimate Readers Service

• Updated: Tue, August 20, 2013

• Reported By: YankeeLady — Willow Springs Missouri
Ultimate Readers Service
PO Box 771747 Lakewood , Ohio USA

Ultimate Readers Service I feel this Company is running a 'legalized, thinly disguised' scam! They fail to reveal your ultimate cost! Lakewood Ohio

This company calls and request that you subscribe to a required number of magazines. They tell you it is for

a certain amount of time. You can request that the magazines be changed at any time. When asked for how

long, you are told it varies with the company but, for most its two years.  A 'contract' is sent. I received the

TV Guide for two months then it no longer appeared.  Two of the magazines I received, I did not order or

want.  At this point I found there is NO Customer Service to contact! So, I wrote to the address provided.

A Company Rep. called and I told her my 'problem'.  She informed me that I could not cancel any subscription.

I received no 'rebate' or compensation for the missed issues.  I had to personally contact the magazine

companies to cancel the subscriptions.  I've written to UR concerning this.  What I received was a call by

a very 'impersonal' man informing me that I'd 'signed a contract' for the full amont due! After sitting down

and figuring out the 'total amount' of these subscriptions, I was shocked to find I'd be paying more than

$1000 for these magazines! Yes, I feel 'foolish'!  Too little, too late!  I rarely buy magazines on my own

or subscribe except to three companies.  I certainly don't pay over $1000, that I really can't afford, for the

'privilage'!  I will never do this sort of thing again and I warn everyone I know about this scam!!  I am, at

this time trying to get the information I need concerning the 'balance due' on my account!  Still waiting!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ultimate-Readers-Service/Lakewood-Ohio-44107-0067/Ultimate-Readers-Service-I-feel-this-Company-is-running-a-legalized-thinly-disguised-s-1077391. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ultimate Readers Service