suffering

• Updated: Tue, August 20, 2013

• Reported By: Danielle — Fredericksburg Virginia
UltraSlim Patch
PO Box 90336 Phoenix, Arizona USA

UltraSlim Patch email advertising a free sample of the ultraslim patch Phoenix Arizona

*General Comment: TANSTAAFL!!!!!!!!!!!

I received an email from getitfree.com saying that I could get a free sample of the ultraslim patch. I decided that that was something that I would be interested in and went ahead to claim the free offer.

Once I clicked on the link a note on the website indicated that there was a high demand for the product and that they were charging $1.95 for shipping and handling. However, the product would still be free.

I then received my credit card statement a month later and I see a charge for $89.97 from ultraslim patch. I contacted the company wondering what that charge was for. They claimed that in the terms and conditions its states that you will be charged the above named amount. I dont remember having checked any box agreeing to terms and conditions seeing as how the product was free.

The company gave me a 35% refund of the $89.97, but so far I have run into road blocks as far as getting refunded for the remainder amount. The company refuses to acknowledge that they are allowing other companies and websites to advertise their product under false pretenses. If it says "free" then it should be free. If it is a "trial offer" then it should state trial offer at the start of the initial email or advertisement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UltraSlim-Patch/Phoenix-Arizona-85066/UltraSlim-Patch-email-advertising-a-free-sample-of-the-ultraslim-patch-Phoenix-Arizona-1077388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UltraSlim Patch

#1 General Comment

TANSTAAFL!!!!!!!!!!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

There Aint No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. This was a lesson that our grandparents had to learn. Nothing in life is free except sunlight and air. There is a very high likelihood that you just missed the section that described what the terms and conditions were. Its unfortunate that you did miss it, because had you actually seen it you may have not ordered this item. This is the problem with ordering ONLINE!!! You dont get to see the product or handle it. You have constrained returns. And you end up putting yourself in trouble simply because they know you WILL NOT READ!! We as a society have put WAAAAAYYYYYY too much trust into this little box. We have become the "NOW" society. Its either NOW or nothing. We have let this effect every part of our lives. NOW! NOW! NOW! We have forgotten that LIFE doesnt run on the internets timetable.

Had you taken the time to dig around on the website you filled out for this FREE product, you would have found the T&C.