Complaint Review: UNCLE Credit Union

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

UNCLE Credit Union Stolen Money from Customer Livermore California

*Author of original report: Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: We Care About Our Members!

Hello,

We had a problem with the UNCLE Credit Union located at : 2100 Las Positas Court Livermore, CA 94551.

This occurred at approx.9:05 a.m. on Monday 2/24/14.

My father (81 years old) had sold his motorcycle over the weekend for $10,250.00 in cash.
The cash was counted & verified 3 times by us before being placed in a sealed envelope.

On Monday morning we came into the credit union to deposit the total sum into my fathers account.
We were served at the teller window by "Nancy" who counted & verified our cash as $10,250.00

She then left the teller window with our cash & gave it to a woman (not wearing a name tag) at a desk in the back corner of the sectioned off area of the office. Nancy came back to inform us that the other woman would be verifying her count.

I was watching the other woman & while counting she dropped some of the money & bent under her desk for a moment ; I assume to retrieve what she dropped.

The other woman finished counting & came to the teller window & stated that there was only $9,750.00

We said that had to be wrong & that Nancy had just counted it in front of us a few minutes ago & came up with $10,250.00 ; Nancy replied that she (Nancy) "must have counted wrong".
We all recounted twice; there was only $9,750.00 at that time.

Not calling anyone a liar we asked that she check under & around her desk to see were the rest of the money may have fallen. We could not see this area from the customer's area.

She & a couple of other employees said that they did not see anything.

There was much tension in the air at this moment ; but my father is a very forgiving man & just deposited the $9,750.00

We had just stepped outside the building & were discussing this when a gray haired gentleman asked us if we would like to come into the back area to look around & under the desk. At this point I felt that it was far too late for this; I did it anyway & found nothing of coarse.

It only takes a fraction of a second to place some paper money in a book/sock/purse/underneath something etc.

I placed a call to the branch manager "Steve" via voice mail & calmly explained the situation & asked that he do an investigation & possibly review any security video that was available. There was a message on my home phone that evening from him stating he would investigate it.

I placed a follow up call the next afternoon to see what his findings were; I have not received a call back.

Pending a video revelation or if this woman & her area was searched that day (which I doubt) ; this becomes a case of our word verses hers.

*Perhaps the big question here is should our money have been taken away & out of our site from the teller window for a count?*

I have never experienced this in the past when bringing in cash that needed a count verification.

I appreciate any help that you can provide in this matter.

Sincerely,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UNCLE-Credit-Union/Livermore-California-94551/UNCLE-Credit-Union-Stolen-Money-from-Customer-Livermore-California-1126567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UNCLE Credit Union

Resolved

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

This complaint has now been resolved by UNCLE Credit Union.
We received a call that the video had been reviewed & there was definitely a procedure compliance issue when the cash was removed from our site.
My father's account has been credited the missing amount.

We Care About Our Members!

AUTHOR: UNCLE Credit Union - ()

We are sorry for your recent experience with your father at one of our financial centers. The incident is under full investigation and we are committed to resolving this issue as soon as possible. Upon completion of our investigation, we will follow up with your father, who is the member on record.  We certainly take these accusations seriously and will keep your father updated as to the ongoing status.

If your father would like to contact us directly, he can call our Vice President of Sales & Service at 925-724-2146.