Complaint Review: unemployment agency

• Updated: Mon, July 02, 2012

• Reported By: Tina — Columbus Ohio United States of America
unemployment agency
Columbus, Ohio United States of America

unemployment agency United States Citizen disappointed by city, state and government Columbus, Ohio

I understand that million of United States citizens are laid off work, but the government and or state should help out tax paying citizens when needed.     I am a 50 year old single Mother and have been working and paying taxes since I was 14 years old. I was laid off a major company after 12 years in 2009, I started receiving unemployment 5/2010 but started working part-time as a college Instructor 6/2010 to 11/2011 so my unemployment I received (partial) was based on what I reported as income weekly by the college.

I received a letter from the unemployment agency saying what I reported on some weekly dates back in 2011 didn't match what I reported, I gave my explanation and appealed but they stuck by their decision and is keeping $3000.00 I am not sure how they came up with that amount when they partially paid and not the full amount. I have had NO income since May 2012  ( which I have requested a State hearing). my major complaint is I continue to file weekly with the unemployment because I am still unemployed but haven't received any money since May and have went to several agencies to try to get emergency help paying my June rent and utilities. Welfare or ODJFS can't see me until 7/11 and I applied for PRC and ODJFS denied my request the and IMPACT can't see me until 7/27 I have contacted and agency called CAMPUS, Urban League, CMHA, St. Stephens, Salvation Army and Home port and none of them could help me , I will have an eviction and my utilities will be shut off.

I just need some help for a short period (1 or 2 months) because I know I will be blessed with a job soon ( I have been putting in daily 4 to 8 jobs a day). I am so disappointed that there aren't any agencies or resources that can help me, it is like the State is contributing to some families being homeless and how can the unemployment leave me with no money $0.00 income.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 01:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/unemployment-agency/Columbus-Ohio-/unemployment-agency-United-States-Citizen-disappointed-by-city-state-and-government-Colu-905533. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on unemployment agency