• Report: #1071904

• Reported By: MadAsHell — North Hollywood California
Uni-Comm
7355 Lankershim Blvd. # 97 North Hollywood, California USA

Uni-Comm Screwed Consumer North Hollywood California

Ont the afternoon of July 31, 2013, I brought in a "Gift" phone to Uni-Comm of North Hollywood to be reset from Cingular to ATT. The Owner of the Store said he could not reset it to ATT but to another carrier, with a much better monthly air-time rate than what I was currently paying. This would only cost $25 a month for unlimited talk and text (all that I actually needed compared to the $50 a month I've been paying), plus his service fee of $10. I gave him $ 35 total. He set up a new account, then said he was going to transfer my contacts from my old phone's SIM card to the gift phone.

What he did instead, was WIPE out all the contact data from my SIM card, but most likely did first a "Cut & Paste" to his computer! He first said the SIM card was already blank, but I told him I had over 250 contact numbers and email addresses on it! Then he said my original phone destroyed the info when it got wet. But when I put the SIM card into my "Gift" phone, all the info was there! Then he said the "Gift" phone erased it. Just like a politician, it was one lie after another: all my contacts were fine UNTIL I brought my phone to HIS "shop"!

Then he tells me my "Gift" phone does NOT work and attempts to sell me one of HIS phones - that is BAIT & SWITCH! Big-time FRAUD!

I said since the phone "Doesn't" work, to give me a refund, since I did not have the money to buy another phone. He flatly REFUSED, saying the "new" account is "Permanent" and "Non-refundable"! So, now I'm stuck with an air-time card for Spot Mobile that cannot be used on anything else, since he registered it to the "Non-working" "Gift" phone`"!

I know that is within the 72 hour/3-day return statute and he is violating Federal Commerce Law!

Then, the receipt I was provided only shows the $ 10 service fee, NOT the full $35 he took from me! That also makes this shop owner not only a Liar, but also a Swindler AND a Thief! So now, I have no working phone and most of my personal and business contacts are history.

This person needs to be put out of business and in JAIL, where he belongs!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uni-Comm/North-Hollywood-California-91605/Uni-Comm-Screwed-Consumer-North-Hollywood-California-1071904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uni-Comm