Complaint Review: Unified Windows, Doors, And Siding

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 15, 2010

• Reported By:N. Bellmore New York
Unified Windows, Doors, And Siding
299 Peninsula Blvd. Hempstead, New York U.S.A.

Unified Windows, Doors, And Siding Self Destructing Front Entry Door Hempstead New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This Report is completely untrue

I purchased a steel front entry door with two vertical windows inserted into the center.

A year and a half later, I noticed that the steel molding which surrounds one of the windows, was seriously split apart. I called the company, and was informed that They would not send anyone out to evaluate the door unless I sent them $65.00 in advance. I thought that this was wrong because it seemed to me that the door is defective, and the company should guarantee their product for more than one year. You do not expect to have a front door develop cracks in that short a period of time.

I did not then do anything about this for several years until, I am noticing more splitting and cracking of this molding on both windows. I am now afraid that the windows will fall out, and the door will self destruct.

I have called the company again, and am informed that since I complained before about this problem and didn't do anything about it, whatever warrantee may have been in place is now voided.

This does not make sense to me. Furthermore, I am told that the parts for the door are no longer available, so there is nothing they can do. I think that this company should have jumped to make sure I was happy with the product they sold, not demanded money up front just to come and look at it.

They sold me an inferior product, and refused provide any kind of proper customer service. Don't do business with them is my advice.

Artisfine
N. Bellmore, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2007 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unified-Windows-Doors-And-Siding/Hempstead-New-York-11550/Unified-Windows-Doors-And-Siding-Self-Destructing-Front-Entry-Door-Hempstead-New-York-277177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unified Windows, Doors, And Siding

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

This Report is completely untrue

AUTHOR: Unified Window Systems - (United States of America)

This report continues to come up when customers search our company name. It was reported many years ago and is completely false. The only truth was the fact that we charge $65.00 to make any warranted repairs once a job was completed more then one year earlier. However it doesn't mention the fact that this customer could have gotten an entire new door supplied and installed for free had he been willing to pay the $65.00 when he first had a problem. Instead this customer refused to pay the $65.00 and allowed the door to continue to get worse and worse for years. We know that our warrantee is the best in the industry and has no costs in the first year following the installation of our products then carries a one time maximum charge of $65.00 to fix or replace any warranteed item for as long as you own your home. We complete almost 6000 jobs per year and have been in business for 22 years. We have over 100,000 satified customers...and there was this customer.

Steven J DiMare President and CEO of Unified Windows, Doors, Siding and Roofing.