Complaint Review: Uniserv Corporations

• Submitted: Fri, August 19, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, July 02, 2009

• Reported By:plantation Florida
Uniserv Corporations
2177 North Powerline Road, Suite 2 Pompano Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Uniserv Corporations ripoff pool service Pompano Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Thanx you for not removing this complaint

*Consumer Suggestion: hmmmm. Mr. Kane has a point

*UPDATE Employee: Matter Resolved Months Ago

My letter to the Attorney General's office:

Sirs:
This complaint is about Uniserv Companies, 2177 North Powerline Road, Suite 2, Pompano Beach, FL 33069, Telephone No. 877-972-7500.

Complaint:
I contacted Uniserv Companies for service on my spa.

Last month the spa service came to my home and advised my circuit breaker was problem. At the time, I said I didn't think that was the problem, but would rely on their expertise. After several calls, the Service Manager Kevin came out to do the repair, and then called me to say he'd been mistaken, and the problem was something else that he couldn't fix, and I should see if the problem was under warranty (it wasn't).

After getting a bill for $130 for the two visits, I contacted them on August 9, 2005 to advise the problem. I spoke to Kevin who said he'd take the service calls off my bill.

On August 17th, I got a call from Randy, who advised he was billing me for the first call. I asked him to send me that bill, but then called him back and reminded him of my conversation with Kevin, and that at the first call Kevin has misdiagnosed the problem.

Randy advised he intended to refer the matter to collections, even though I was willing to pay the $65 if he billed me, and would refer the matter to the Better Business Bureau. They re being copied on this complaint.

Bill
plantation, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2005 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uniserv-Corporations/Pompano-Beach-Florida-33069/Uniserv-Corporations-ripoff-pool-service-Pompano-Beach-Florida-154284. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uniserv Corporations

Thanx you for not removing this complaint

AUTHOR: Danny - (U.S.A.)

It is no surprise now that this report exists and I only wish I had researched the company before employing them. Extremely poor customer service. Extremely poor actual pool service. Would certainly not recommend them at all and am glad I have fired them from charging me for service to my pool that was clearly not done correctly if at all.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

hmmmm. Mr. Kane has a point

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

I'm the one who filed the complaint initially. Mr. Kane is correct in his copying a letter that was sent to the BBB...though I'm not sure there wasn't some editing done for the copy on this site. However, as he said, yes I was refunded the money several months after the letter was sent and after repeated calls....In all fairness, they did refund the money after I complained. I also could not recommend their services and certainly would not use them again.

Thank you UNISERV for eventually resolving this matter.

I had quite candidly forgotten I posted this, and should have removed it...oh, about 4 months ago.

thanks

Matter Resolved Months Ago

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

This matter was resolved months ago. The person making the complaint also complained to the BBB. A copy of our response is as follows:

"September 6, 2005

Better Business Bureau
2924 N. Australian Ave.
W. Palm Beach, FL 33407
Re: #33004002 William Santner

Dear Ms. Lucas,
We regret any misunderstanding between Mr. Santner and our company. At this time, we have taken the following steps to rectify the situation:
Mr. Santner's account has been credited all monies paid ($65.00)
A full refund check was sent to Mr. Santner.
I contacted Mr. Santner to let him know that a full refund on his account were on the way. He agreed upon the amount and awaits the receipt of that refund.

While we deny any wrongdoing in this situation, and we did perform some work for Mr. Santner, we acknowledge that reasonable people will often disagree about services performed. In this case, as an honest, licensed service-provider, we will gladly refund all funds remitted to us by Mr. Santner.

Finally, please excuse our response time to this complaint. The hurricane, while minor in Florida compared to some areas, caused substantial problems to pools, especially in south Broward and Dade counties. All our personnel have been focused on the needs of those customers affected.

If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact me. I also expect you will receive a withdrawal of Mr. Santner's complaint soon after the receipt of his refund.
Very truly yours,

Alan Kane
Human Resources Manager"

Ripoffreport, as you can see, we take these matters seriously. Please remove us from display on your site. I also would like to know how we remained on your site for so many months after resolution of this problem. You mention that your site is for the people, but we are also 'the people', and now we have suffered because of this. You seem to have a sincere and worthwhile site that pursues justice and "revenge" for wrongful behavior. Who then, should we pursue for business we may have lost and for the unfair besmirching of our name?

It's easier to record and trumpet a complaint, than to diligently follow through on a case's resolution. I await your response.

Respectfully, Alan Kane