Complaint Review: united airlines

• Updated: Mon, June 09, 2014

• Reported By: michelle — yucca valley California
united airlines
Houston, Texas USA

united airlines lost luggage houston texas

On Feb 19,2014 i arrived at PSP to catch my flight from PSP to LAS to SFO.  After waiting 1 hour to board my flight they cancelled the flight due to mechanical issues.  My flight was due to leave at 1030am and arrive in SFO at 230pm.  I was on a business trip and I had meetings that day.  I went up to the podium to see what they were going to do.   They put me on standby. Finally they got me on a direct flight.  When they pulled my luggage they said they would make sure my luggage would go with me.  That did not happen.  When i finaly arrived in SFO my luggage was not there.   I filed a report of missing luggage.   I sent in all the required paper work and kept getting the run around by both the agent in INDIA and TX. I was told it would take 10-12 weeks to settle my claim.

12 weeks passed and I get this letter saying they were not going to settle and they were sorry that my luggage was lost and could not be found.  All my business suits/ work clothes etc including my unveristy books were in my luggage.  My total loss was over 2400.00 and United wont settle.   This is 2 times united has lost my luggage in SFO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2014 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/united-airlines/Houston-Texas/united-airlines-lost-luggage-houston-texas-1153302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on united airlines