• Report: #519051

Complaint Review: United American Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Tue, November 03, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, November 03, 2009

• Reported By: Sandra — West Columbia South Carolina U.S.A.
United American Insurance Co.
St. Andrews Road Irmo, South Carolina United States of America

United American Insurance Co. Liberty National Would not let me quit Irmo, South Carolina

I am with all the agents who have filed a report here. We were told that it was just like major medical and would cover everything. They made it sound so good that I agreed to sell it. Now I'm ashamed that I was involved with that company. When I finally got a look at a policy, I tendered my resignation. The manager would not let me quit. I wrote a formal letter of resignation. He called me and said that he would not let me quit. I wrote to the regional director and tendered my resignation with him. Never heard back from him. I wrote to the president of the company, tendering my resignation. Never heard a word. I started getting letters telling me that if my production didn't increase, I would be let go. I would always answer back, "Please see my resignation tendered on this date". I had a witness to my resignation, as my husband accompanied me to the office when I quit. The thing is, when you quit, if you have people who have dropped their coverage, the company makes you pay back the commission. I didn't owe a dime to the company when I quit. Nine months later, they started asking for their money back. Good luck. I should sue you for misrepresentation and include every client that I ever sold a policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2009 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-American-Insurance-Co/Irmo-South-Carolina-/United-American-Insurance-Co-Liberty-National-Would-not-let-me-quit-Irmo-South-Carolina-519051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United American Insurance Co.