Complaint Review: united carpet cleaners

united carpet cleaners
spring mountain las vegas, Nevada USA

united carpet cleaners Worst experience ever las vegas Nevada

Hello,

My name is Dave. About a month ago I bought a queen size bed off craigslist and it had a couple small stains on it. I phoned this company, United Carpet Cleaners here in Las Vegas to come and clean it. Over the phone I was quoted a price of $49.00 to steam cleam it. I set an appointment and had them come out. Like Debra said in her complaint, they came in and cleaned a small area and said look this is how clean I can get it for an additional cost. He told me there was a discount for military, and I told him I was law enforcement. He gave me a small discount (10%) I believe. The total charge was going to be $140.00 for the deep cleaning, I regretfully agreed.

The employee used approximately 5-10 gallons of water and chemicals and then a strong suction vacuum to attempt to clean it. The employee got most all the dirt and small stains out but left my mattress water logged, and now with a 6"-7" rip that was not there before. I sent the company photographs of the damage, while still trying to dry the mattress after the employee told me that it would be dry enough to sleep on in approximately 6 hours. I let the mattress dry overnight and it wasn't slept on until the following night, which at that time my brother woke up soaked from the mattress.

The bottom of the mattress was still soaked so we stood the mattress up and kept flipping ti around so that we could attempt to dry it with several fans blowing on hi. The mattress was then covered with stains, and still the 6"-7" rip. I got the company back involved and agreed to have another employee (Tony) come take a look at it. He to took photos and sent them to the office, while telling me it looked worse than what he was led to believe. He told me that if he tried to clean it again that it would make it worse and perhaps cause more rips in the mattress.

He then told me that he would try a couple small areas with a couple different chemicals while using a lighter suction on the vacuum. He showed me the area and I agreed to have him do his best to clean it. After he was finished, the mattress did look better than it was before he started. I accepted the fact that it was not going to get much better unless it caused even more damage. I was still left with a long rip in the mattress. I sent emails and photos on multiple occasions to the company while going back and forth talking to Sherie, she sent me several emails back stating that she could not offer a refund (which that was really all I was looking for),

but instead she offered me a patch to put over the rip in the mattress, and a free cleaning. I sent an email back and told her that I do not want anyone from the company to come into my house again in fear that if they were to try and apply the patch that I might end up with burn marks and just make things worse than they already were. I don't want anything more to do with the company, I guess this is how they get their money is by ripping people off and not giving refunds to those who clearly deserve it. I would not recommend this company to anyone.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2014 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/united-carpet-cleaners/las-vegas-Nevada-89107/united-carpet-cleaners-Worst-experience-ever-las-vegas-Nevada-1127553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on united carpet cleaners