Complaint Review: United Debt Services

• Submitted: Wed, May 16, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, August 07, 2012

• Reported By: Taken to the Cleaners — New Smyrna Beach Florida United States of America
United Debt Services
2611 Internet Blvd, Suite 201 Frisco, Texas United States of America

United Debt Services Never were the words "buyer beware" more true. Frisco, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Response from United Debt Services

*General Comment: This sounds canned

*Author of original report: An update on my case with United Debt Services

*Author of original report: All issues resolved satisfactorily with United Debt Services

*UPDATE Employee: Company-spoke to customer and resolved this issue

Besides being dishonest, these people are inept.

I got a different story from everyone I  talked with there about how their "program" works.

One person asked for my credit card statements to be faxed or mailed to them each month.
Every time I faxed them in to the number they gave me, I was told they did not arrive.
Finally, I mailed them in and when I called ten days later to make sure they got them, they told me no, they did not. They gave me excuses about their fax machine not working and more excuses that they were sure I sent the mail to the wrong address.

One of the accounts I turned over to them was a secured loan. I did not know this, one way or the other, but they were going to research it and get back with me. Never got back with me. After I chased them down about it, they told me, conclusively that it was not a secured loan and they were going to proceed with it as an account they could take care of for me.

Next thing I know, I have someone representing this specific creditor at my door with a threatening letter and bent of repossessing my water system. It was indeed a secured loan.

Because of all the bull---, run-around and incompetence, I chose to abort my program with them. But, first, I had a lawyer in my family listen in on a conversation between Eric, one of the so-called directors there, and myself. He proceeded to tell me why the program was on the up and up and the best one out there. He defended everyone who had worked with me
and told me none of these things had ever happened before. Then, I got a whole litany about himself being a church going family man and how he's been called to help people get back on track.

After the call ended, my lawyer, who had been taking notes all along, advised me to drop out immediately. He said that the program is full of wholes and deceit, something I already had suspected.

They took my money for three months, to the tune of $1200 and did not pay one dime to my creditors. They used the convoluted excuse that they needed to hold back from paying until I had a significant amount built up in my account. I had no account. They built an account for themselves and are refusing to give me any of it back.

As we all know, a reputable company will not keep your money under any circumstances if you are not satisfied and they do not take take anything until they have resolved your debt satisfactorily.

These people are scumbags, taking money from people who are already in financial trouble.

Please do not make the same mistake I did.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2012 07:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Debt-Services/Frisco-Texas-75034/United-Debt-Services-Never-were-the-words-buyer-beware-more-true-Frisco-Texas-883861. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Debt Services

Response from United Debt Services

AUTHOR: Senior VP - ()

The way the Ripoff Report site works makes it impossible for this to be "canned". Only the client who filed the original compliant can edit and make comments to what they put. I am the Sr. VP of the company and I can assure you that the client is actually back enrolled in our program and is having great sucess. As far as the BBB is concerned I am sure with research you can see that they are not what they are cracked up to be. There is even a 20/20 report you can watch on their unethical practices with businesses. They have 8400+ complaints on Ripoff Report as opposed to our 1 complaint.

We pride ourselves in being an ethical leader in the industry and we will go above and beyond for any customer as we did with the customer above.

#2 General Comment

This sounds canned

AUTHOR: SE8020 - ()

Your experience desciption looks very canned. It is clear that this company is quite sktetchy: see below:

This Business is not BBB Accredited

United Debt Services LLC

Complaints are regarding dissatisfaction with the company's service and misrepresentation of the results of the debt negotiation program. Specifically, customers complain that paying the company fee and following the debt negotiation program does not reduce debt, as stated by company representatives. As a result of the program, customers complain, they have an increase in debt, due to late fees or additional interest and negative credit reporting. The company resolves complaints by offering partial refunds. Although the company resolves most of the complaints it has failed to correct the underlying reason for the complaints. - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/debt-relief-services/united-debt-services-in-frisco-tx-90340413/complaints#sthash.e4UKB72f.dpuf

BBB began including the text of consumer complaints and business responses in BBB Business Reviews on 07/01/2013 for complaints filed on 01/01/2013 and thereafter. This includes all complaints that meet our reporting guidelines and that are filed electronically. We also report on the resolution of the complaint, as determined by BBB. - See more at: bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/debt-relief-services/united-debt-services-in-frisco-tx-90340413/complaints#sthash.e4UKB72f.l6GKsUJU.dpuf

Customer Complaints Summary

Problems with Product / Service 12
Delivery Issues 0
Guarantee / Warranty Issues 0
Total Closed Complaints 30
- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/dallas/business-reviews/debt-relief-services/united-debt-services-in-frisco-tx-90340413/complaints#sthash.e4UKB72f.l6GKsUJU.dpuf

An update on my case with United Debt Services

AUTHOR: Taken to the Cleaners - ()

I've now been working with UDS for seven months.

Since the initial misunderstandings, which were easily ironed out around August of 2012, I have had a very positive experience working with this company to greatly reduce and pay off my debts.

At all times, during these months, UDS has kept me abreast of their/our considerable progress working with my creditors toward resolution.

It is an enormous relief to be in their knowledgeable, capable and professional hands, and I would not hesitate to recommend this group to anyone who needs debt counseling and resolution.

The way things are going, I will be completely out of debt within the year, and I am so appreciative. This never would have happened without them.

All issues resolved satisfactorily with United Debt Services

AUTHOR: Taken to the Cleaners - (United States of America)

To date, all issues have been resolved satisfactorily.

In working with upper management, I have come to the conclusion that this company is honorable and willing to go the extra mile for their clients.

If I had found my way earlier to the right people, in the right department, I would be well on my way to having my debts resolved.

I apologize to them for not giving them the time and opportunity to make things right.

To date, all issues have been resolved satisfactorily.

If I had found my way earlier to the right people, I would be well on my way to having my debts resolved.

All issues resolved satisfactorily with United Debt Services

AUTHOR: Taken to the Cleaners - (United States of America)

To date, all issues have been resolved satisfactorily.

Company-spoke to customer and resolved this issue

AUTHOR: UDSVP - (United States of America)

I am the VP of the company that the client has written this report about. As soon as I was made aware that we had a customer out there who was unhappy, I reached out to contact the customer to get the issue resolved to the customer's satisfaction.

We take customer service very seriously and want our customers to be happy with our company even if they choose to go in a different direction.

As of today, the customer feels this has been completley resolved and is satisfied with our company and the outcome of her situation.