Complaint Review: United Healthcare

• Updated: Fri, October 04, 2013

• Reported By: Mark — Mesquite Texas
United Healthcare
Hot Springs, Arkansas USA

United Healthcare Misleading..replaced my Medicare wihtout my permission or knowledge Hot Springs Arkansas

I applied for supplemental insurance via the AARP website that hosted United Healthcare.

I called my doctors office to schedule an appointment for a procedure and I was told that I would be required to pay total cost up front.  I asked why and was told that my Doctor did not participate in the Medicare plan I was on.  I told them it was the same plan I had been using for all the MRI's and consultations I had done the past few months.  They then informed me that I had apparently changed my Medicare.

Well, you can imagine the surprise and anger I felt.  I am in so much pain and now this.

I had been speaking to UnitedHelathcare several times in the past couple of weeks because I had signed on with them , but only for supplemental.  They had been sending me letters regarding a prescription plan.  I made them aware I had a plan thru my VA benefits and did not need their plan and that this was only a supplemental plan. [continued below]....

.....  I even spoke to them as early as that morning and was told by their reps that I only had a supplemental plan.  Not feeling good about this, I called Medicare.  Sure enough, United Healthcare had replaced my original Medicare plan.

Now I have to wait for at least 30 days before I can move forward with this procedure.  I am in so much pain..I have used up at least 60 minuets of my precious minuets on my cell phone plan.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2013 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Healthcare/Hot-Springs-Arkansas-71903/United-Healthcare-Misleadingreplaced-my-Medicare-wihtout-my-permission-or-knowledge-Hot-1089435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Healthcare