Complaint Review: United Insurance Company Of America

• Submitted: Sun, March 04, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, March 04, 2007

• Reported By:Sweetwater Tennessee
United Insurance Company Of America
One E. Wacker Drive Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

United Insurance Company Of America cancer policy did not reimburse ripoff Chicago Illinois

My father has had this cancer policy since April 1985. It is supposed to cover/reimburse any amounts up to $50,000 due to any bills relating to cancer. My father was in the hospital January 2006 for 23 days due to cancer related problems. Bills were incurred that were not covered by Medicaid. I contacted this company to find out exactly what they needed in order to process this claim and I gathered all the appropriate forms and sent them to Liz Thibodeaux.

When I called I spoke with Jimmy Harris, apparently he is in charge of this department. He told me I could call him with any questions or concerns regarding this claim. I have called him numerous times, spoke with him twice and both times he promised to get a letter out to my father the next day.

We have yet to receive anything from this company. I have wrote letters, faxed letters and also sent a letter to the main office trying to get someone to help me with this. My father is 74 yrs old and has always had excellent credit but now due to their negligence he has bill collectors constantly calling about these medical bills and now has negative information on his credit bureau. He has paid this company faithfully every month for 22 years thinking he had a good policy if something should happen. Sadly, he was mistaken!

Sweetwater, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2007 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Insurance-Company-Of-America/Chicago-Illinois-60601/United-Insurance-Company-Of-America-cancer-policy-did-not-reimburse-ripoff-Chicago-Illinoi-238051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Insurance Company Of America