Complaint Review: United Online Collections Division; NetZero

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:Fort Lauderdale Florida
United Online Collections Division; NetZero
P.O. Box 5006-BD, Woodland Hills, CA 91365-9637 Nashville, Tennessee U.S.A.

United Online Collections Division; NetZero; United Online Did not cancel account when requested; offered refund when called; send to collections; Nashville Tennessee

In Feb or Mar of '07, I signed up for NetZero at a home where I needed 30 - 60 days of service before moving. The house sold, we moved in April '07. I realized a few months later that I forgot to cancel the service and they were still charging me. I called and told them we had already moved and that the service had not been used for the past several months. I did not request a refund. I only requested that it be cancelled. They offered a one month refund and apologized. I was already situated in our new residence in Florida.

Many months later, at my Ft. Lauderdale address I received a collection letter from United Online Collections Division for the amount they were supposed to "refund" to me. NOT ONLY did I overpay and not argue with them. They owed me a refund (as they offered) which I never received. This company sends a brief one page threatening request asking for your credit card number and the date of expiration and a signature. They provide no opportunity to pay online. The toll free number only gives a recorded message about where to send your confidential information.

When I began research this company, I found that they had also been mentioned in the Ripoff Report. For the small sum of $14.90, I'm sure they expect most customers to pay and move along...but in this instance, I'm not willing to do that. If this "collection" causes a mark on my immaculate credit history, I will immediately contact a class action attorney.

Netzeroangrycustomer
Fort Lauderdale, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2008 11:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Online-Collections-Division-NetZero/Nashville-Tennessee-37075/United-Online-Collections-Division-NetZero-United-Online-Did-not-cancel-account-when-req-302341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Online Collections Division; NetZero