Complaint Review: United Patent Research

• Submitted: Tue, February 16, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 22, 2011

• Reported By: Mit — lewisburg West Virginia United States of America
United Patent Research
2939 Olney-Sandy Spring Rd. St. A OlneyInternet, Maryland United States of America

United Patent Research One Time Payment To Have My Invention Patented And Find A Company To Produce And Market It OlneyInternet, Maryland

*Author of original report: Update About the United Patent Research LTD

The United Patent Research LTD is a scam.  I requested information on an idea I had.  This company, with very knowledgeable employees about the patent business, convinced me that I had a great invention.  They sent me some documents to fill out and return. The individual I talked was  Mr.Al Lever.  He informed me that a one time payment of $795 would be needed to have everything I need, to get a patent. This also included a 'patent attorney,' which is needed to research my invention. Mr. Lever called me about a month after I sent him the information he requested along with the $795.  The way he talked would have given anyone the idea that the invention was going through and that a patent was defiantly going to happen. He then sent me another document to fill out and send back. But this document wanted anywhere from $2,000 to $13,000 to continue. WOW!  Then I decided to do a little more in depth research on their company. And guess what!! This has happened before to several other people. So, the $795 was a very hard lesson to learn, especially the way this economy is today.  The hard part is trying to understand that when we come home from Iraq and Pakistan, we can get ripped-off by the very people we are fighting for.  There is just something not right about this.  If anyone would like to help a poor man get some of his $ back, please call them and let them know how you feel about them.

Thanks

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2010 04:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Patent-Research/OlneyInternet-Maryland-20832/United-Patent-Research-One-Time-Payment-To-Have-My-Invention-Patented-And-Find-A-Company-570269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Patent Research

Update About the United Patent Research LTD

AUTHOR: MMorgan - (United States of America)

After chatting with the president of UPR, a Mr. Ralston ,and the lady that initially contacted me, a Ms. Christine Parker, I reread my contract.  I also visited many online websites about patent companies, ripoff reports and websites for the complaining about companies.

A misunderstanding on both sides, is how I now understand the situation. The contract does inform the inventor of the difference between searching a patent and applying for a patent. I only wish that I had been told about the possible amount that would be needed for the Universal Licensing LLC.  Since the UPR and UL work together a lot, I do believe they had some idea of what that part of the process would cost.

I have yet talked to Mr. Lever.  But due to me already talking with Mr. Ralston , there really is no reason for us to talk.  What I did not realize was the fact I was only talking to the UPR representatives and that the UL is a totally different company with a totally different job.