Complaint Review: united readers service

• Updated: Wed, May 16, 2012

• Reported By: Peace<3 Grub — Hurst Texas United States of America
united readers service
13400 Madison Ave Lakewood, Ohio United States of America

united readers service Liberty Readers Service Fraudulent Billing Lakewood, Ohio

I was contacted by Liberty Readers Service (AKA United Readers Service) and ordered some magazines. After a few months I received and paid my invoices. After my year was over I called customer service and requested they cancel my subscriptions. They informed me I can not cancel these magazines. I explained that I did not sign up for a lifetime membership, only for 12 months. I then received my bank statement and Liberty was still taking money out of my account for a subscription that was already expired and canceled.

I called again on February 8th and once again asked that they stop taking money out of my account because I requested that this be canceled, and they no longer had my permission to withdraw money out of my account. The discourteous receptionist named Erica told me I can not cancel and they would continue to take the money out of my account. I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told they are not available and they would have to call me back. Never received a phone call back, so I had to close my bank account due to this company putting me into a negative balance several times.

I called again on 3/26/2012 and again spoke to Erica. I informed her that the amount I was being billed after I canceled this contract was absolutely ridiculous and was total fraudulent. I again requested to speak to a supervisor and was informed once again that none were available. I sent a fax to the vice president Hal Landers requesting that this matter be handled and resolved. I have received nothing but a new bill for 134.84. I am a college student so $134.84 is a lot of money. I would like this harassment to stop. This company has several complaints also listed on Cleveland BBB. Might take an act of congress to stop this company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2012 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/united-readers-service/Lakewood-Ohio-44107/united-readers-service-Liberty-Readers-Service-Fraudulent-Billing-Lakewood-Ohio-883529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on united readers service