Complaint Review: United States Law Center Philiadelphia, PA

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: violated — Huntington New York
United States Law Center Philiadelphia, PA
3720 Spruce Street Suite 188 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

United States Law Center Philiadelphia, PA Loan Modification Scammers Philadelphia Pennsylvania

After suffering through the financial crises post 9-11 in NY, changing careers to try to make a living, and finding only contract employee work for the last 4 years, I found myself in a financial bind after being a hard-working, high credit score, professional. Making my monthly payments on my mortgage and equity line became impossible, even after I landed a full-time job in February of 2013. I was a few months behind with little or no chance of catching up.

The banks were sending me notices about foreclosure and offered credit consulting which was of little help. I received a letter from an alleged law office offering me assistance to apply for a HAMP loan which they claimed was at 2%.

I contacted them and they said that I had a good chance of getting a modification as I met the criteria for acceptance for the program. They said they charged a fee for their services and began debiting my account in increments for the first mortgage. At each stage of the supposed process, they charged my checking account. My new job entails a lot of travel and I work very long hours. The idea of a law firm acting as middleman for the loan modification seemed like a good idea.

They asked me for all the correct documentation, were very responsive and returned emails and phone calls promptly. I had an alleged para legal who was my point of contact for communication with the banks and their processing and compliance staff, and everything was done on line through Doc U Sign and was very professional.

In mid process my 1st bank mortgage holder sold my mortgage to another bank.  We now had to go through the whole process again! We went through it again and I was told everything was sent to the bank. I then asked about the 2 mortgage which is a line of credit and they said they could apply for me for that as well. They only debite my checking account once for one lump sum and it was much less than the original because they said they could use the same documents and I had supplied all the information.

In June, I started some long distance travel and received an email from the new 1st mortgage bank stating they did not receive my documentation. I had been informed by United States Law Center that my documentation went out twice becasuse the bank misplaced it. I responded to the bank loan specialist informing him of same and forwarded the response and the original to my contact at United States Law Center. I got no response. I called and left two voice mail messages. I got no response. I continued to call every number I had for them and their staffers, compliance, processing, the general number, the operator. I even went to the website and typed in a request for contact which went unaswered.

Then, the voicemail messages all changed to mailbox is full. Then the website was temporarily unavailable. I had been scammed for $5,400 and was nowhere near a modification.

I called the new 1st mortgage bank and was told my documentation was received but I was missing two documents. The second bank line of credit had never gotten any application and was threatening me with collection, which would effectively squash any hope of negotiation or modification.

I have managed to do damage control and have two applications in process but am in arrears now for almost 8 months. This "law firm" advised me that while in modification application process I didn't have to pay anything. I couldn't pay the total but I could have at least worked out some payments in the meantime.

If anyone else has been hurt by these people, and their are enough of us, we need to chase them down, make them pay and make sure they don't hurt anyone else. There's a chance I still may lose my house. If there is anyone who knows anything about the people of this firm and can give me a lead use this site to respond.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 06:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Law-Center-Philiadelphia-PA/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-11743/United-States-Law-Center-Philiadelphia-PA-Loan-Modification-Scammers-Philadelphia-Pennsy-1066600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Law Center Philiadelphia, PA