Complaint Review: United States Postal Service

• Updated: Tue, November 19, 2013

• Reported By: JamesB — Loveland Colorado
United States Postal Service
446 E 29th St loveland, Colorado USA

United States Postal Service - Priority Mail United States Postal Service repeatedly sends fradulent Prioirity Mail pickup notifications when package was never picked up. loveland Colorado

As a home based craftsperson, I regularly ship USPS Priority Mail packages which are picked up from my home.  This involves creating and paying for a shipping label, scheduling a pickup for my location, and an email confirmation when the package is picked up.

For roughly one out of every ten scheduled pickups, I receive notification that the package was picked up, when it is still sitting on my front porch.  To the best of my knowledge, this pickup notification is not generated without a USPS employee falsifying a record.  I have talked to the station manager, and to the postmaster for my zipcode.  Both are helpful, and concerned about this, but the activity continues to take place.

I contacted the USPS Postal Inspection service to report the fraud, but they declared it a customer service issue, and referred it to a USPS employee in Denver.  The fraud report was supposed to be confidential, but the Denver employee's response was along the lines of, "we sent someone to your home to pick up this package and there was no package available to pickup."  So 30 days after a confidential fraud report, they send someone to my house to pick up a package?

I honestly belive that taking my money for a service, and documenting that the service was provided when it wasn't, is fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 10:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-States-Postal-Service/loveland-Colorado-80537/United-States-Postal-Service-Priority-Mail-United-States-Postal-Service-repeatedly-send-1100612. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United States Postal Service