Complaint Review: united tax group

• Updated: Tue, April 26, 2011

• Reported By: Nathan — Fort Worth Texas United States of America
united tax group
675 Indiantown Road Internet United States of America

united tax group Ripoff, con-artist, all they really want is the 399.99 that they can get out of you. Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: A New Change of Events

In Feb I contacted United Tax Group about my tax issues.  I spoke with Eddie which assured me that they can help and if I did not like the results that I would get a refund.  However, after making a payment for consultation which the company calls Analyzation Review but all is it, is a 399.99 consultation on what they can do which was something that I can do on my own.

After making the payment I never heard back from Eddie.  A person from the company called me stating that they will have an analyze call me in 3 days.  I received a call from one of their analyze stating that he can help by stopping the collection actions from IRS.  This is not true because no one will stop them from collecting what you owe.  All that does is let the IRS know that you are being represented by United Tax Group and they will talk with the IRS doing this time, but the IRS has the right to contact you and continue trying to collect from you.  Also United Tax Group makes it sounds like it is hard to do but all it takes is a phone call.  I am then told that they will try and place my account with the IRS in a non collectible status.  This is something else you can do on your own by not making a single payment and giving the IRS a income statement showing that your dedit ration is poor.   When you go to this company that is what they do get a income status and then try to out wait the IRS for your tax to get old and drop off, you tax will be dropped off after 10 years or by filing bankruptcy.  However, this company wanted to charge me another 1,599.99 to stop collection actions and place my account in a non collectible status.  Here is the break down 799.99 to stop the collection and another 799.99 to place in non collectible status.

As you can see this is a ripoff because you are paying 399.99 for a all for one consultation and for them to get your master file which is free from the IRS.  So if you contact this company keep in mind that it is a ripoff and you will not get a refund no matter what they tell you.  They make it sound like they are helping you but they are not, they are just taking money upfront for something that you can do yourself.  They claim to have a legal team but in their agreement it states that they are not a law firm.

Do Not give this company your money they can not help you, and if you are unhappy you will get a call from the guy that runs it but he will not offer to give you back you money.  They did nonthing for me and I paid 399.99 for them to make two phone calls and file my income status with the IRS.

Fraud

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2011 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/united-tax-group/internet/united-tax-group-Ripoff-con-artist-all-they-really-want-is-the-39999-that-they-can-get-717436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on united tax group

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

A New Change of Events

AUTHOR: spike5683 - (USA)

Before I placed this report, I placed a call to United Tax Group to get the issue I was having resolved.  At the time, the person that was scheduled to call me was not available, and before he can call me back I had already wrote this report.  A day later I received a call from Mr. Dean Drouin and at this time I was out of town on vacation.  However, when I return he was very clear that he did not want to loss my business and if there was anything that they can do to better my exprience with United Tax Group for me to give him a call.  When I returned from vacation I called Dean and he was very apologic and offered to refund every penny without question.  He also stated that he would rather refund the money knowing that they could not help me at the current time because of my status listed with the IRS.  Because of Dean's understanding I have a new found respect for Mr Drouin and his company United Tax Group, and if my status was different I would have been happy to be a part of a great company with a great person like Dean in charge.

Nathan
I regret posting original report, but I gain a larger respect for United Tax Group.