Complaint Review: United Tows, L.L.C.Dalllas, Texas 75216

• Updated: Sun, August 18, 2013

• Reported By: Karanya-Marquis:Dudley — Texarkana Texas
United Tows, L.L.C.Dalllas, Texas 75216
7054 South Central Expressway Dallas, Texas 75216 Dallas, Texas USA

United Tows, L.L.C.Dalllas, Texas 75216 THIEVES! UNCONSTITUTIONAL! Signs were not in English for the PUBLIC. I was NOT on apt complex property but my car was towed due to the apt complex Manager. The manager and United Tows making profit off shopping center parking-lot. Apt complex have permit parking on shopping center parking-lot. and if u don't have a sticker, then your car is towed... Question? apt complex dont have anything to do with the shopping center parking-lot and therefore, I dont see a sign for the residents to park there. nor did i see a sign for the quest/visitors parking furthermore, the signs are in Spanish on both side...This is totally sad.. my car got towed and i just made it in from Houston. I went to the store/shopping center and asked them who own the shopping center parking-lot, the apt complex or the shopping center? Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: Well

*Consumer Comment: Well

Thieves! Unconstitutional! I just made it in from Houston 08/12/2013, on my way to Arkansas to see my grandchildren- Monday morning. I decided to visit my father house in Richardson, Texas. I was told not to park my car at Windham Chase Apt. complex because they will tow your car. Therefore, I parked my car at Melrose Family Fashion, facing Spring Valley Rd. I walked to the shopping center store to get something to drink. Then I went to visit my father in Windham Chase Apt. after a couple of hours of visiting, I decided to go to my car and get some changing of clothes. When I looked out the window, I see someone with a long stick trying to get through the window of my 95 Mazda 626.... It was United Tow, I quickly ran outside and told the guy, what are u doing to my car. He rudely said "this aint your car nomore, it's mines... I said BS, you aint just gone talk s**t to me about my car. I said you thief. He said I will call the police on you and take your car.. I said that is what u gone have to do because I caught you trying to break into my car instead of towing it, then you have some nerves threating to take my car.. I said you men always trying to take advantage of us-women.. He called the police- I don't know what he said but they immediately came. The police asked him what going on. He told the police that the Windham Chase Apt. called them to tow my car because it been parked on their property for 2 days... I said that is a false statement, I can't be in Houston and Dallas at the same time.. furthermore, I was not on apt complex property.. Tow-guy said that Windham Chase own the space where I was parked at on the shopping center...

By that time, police ran my name asked the guy how much was it to drop the vehicle, because I was sitting on my car.. He said about $25-$30-I'm thinking that I'm bout to get my car, but it turned out that I was tricked. Police said you have warrants from Dallas. I said, that gotta be a mistake. I'm totally NOT aware of it and i was sent to jail while the thief got away with my car.... My purse, DL, money, documentation, my clothes and my children clothes was all in the car. That made me homeless. While in jail, officer said maam if Dallas don't come get you by 2pm tomorrow, you is free to go.. Dallas didn't show.08/13/2013 Hummmm? I got released. 08/15/2013I went to United Tow to check on my car and to get my purse. I was DENIED my purse, I was DENIED to even check on my vehicle... At this point, of being DENIED, this has violated Human rights law/ USC laws/ and Constitutional laws. I'm still in the same clothes from Monday.... This has created malice/actual malice... I was discriminated against by race-meaning-any instance of treating me in a less favorable manner on the basis of my character/characteristics.... This is Theft! with the INTENT! I hope and pray that this never happens to another women.... By the way, where my car was parked. It didn't have Windham Chase resident sign up. Nor, is it a permit parking for their residents... However, someone took down the English sign and put Spanish. Therefore, you have both side in Spanish... Therefore, they are doing Illegal towing.... Thieve, scammers... Nobody should have to pay a thief just to get their vehicle back. The police should be taking them to jail unless they all are in conspiracy.... Respectfully Submitted, "without prejudice"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2013 08:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/United-Tows-LLCDalllas-Texas-75216/Dallas-Texas-75216/United-Tows-LLCDalllas-Texas-75216-THIEVES-UNCONSTITUTIONAL-Signs-were-not-in-Engl-1076914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on United Tows, L.L.C.Dalllas, Texas 75216

Well

AUTHOR: Karanya-Marquis:Dudley - ()

For the record, Stacy. regardless of what you have to say..... It is the law to be license and follow the rules and regulations... Therefore, the laws were broken due to the signs... If they were in English, then things wouldn't happen unlawfully. The commercial parking-lot still have to place the signs up correctly and readable to the public people.... Unfortunately, that wasn't the case.... By the way, there were no laws broken by me... The question is.....? who own the parking-lot? the apt complex or the shopping center...? By the way, they didn't mind me parking there...just for the record!

Well

AUTHOR: Stacey - ()

Let's back up here - you were told by Richardson Police you had WARRANTS and were arrested.  So tell us please about how your rights were violated!! You parked in a commercial parking lot without permission.  Just because you got a drink there does not allow you to leave your car there.  Yes I know this area very well and it is not a good area.  I live off the next major street north of Spring Valley and I refuse to drive in that area.

I highly doubt that your story is correct so I suggest you just chalk it up to a big mistake you made.