• Report: #842061

• Updated: Mon, February 20, 2012

• Reported By: anonymous — oak forest Illinois United States of America
universal cab
1740 Armitage ct. Addison, Illinois United States of America

universal cab shady company run by con artists,they are like a cult Addison, Illinois

I responded to an ad from craigs list and was hired by universal cab company on the same day. There was never a background check or any drug testing. I was told that I could make $400.00 a day. I had to pay $78.00 a day to lease the cab and was responsible for my own gas. I was picked up the next morning , and was given a unsafe cab to drive. What a joke, I made no money and told them I quit!

I was told that the "contract" that I signed stated that I give a 7 day notice in writing. I had to spend 7 days paying for this awful cab and sank further into debt. Then the company tried to fine me  by saying that I was late (which was a lie) I kept asking for a copy of this "contract" and every person that I spoke with  told me "I don't have nothin to do with that"

Gordon is a manipulative con artist who preys on honest people( especially returning vets)who are trying to make a living! I have heard of many people who have been taken advantage and bullied by him and his company. He is only concerned about getting his $78.00 a day by each of the cab drivers. He forces some drivers to work 12 to 14 hours a day just to come up with his "fee" or it comes out of your pocket.

Do NOT seek employment from this bloodsucking company. I would encourage anyone who has been taken advantage of to seek legal council. Anybody interested, contact the news media. Hopefully some good  honest reporting will expose these con artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2012 07:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/universal-cab/Addison-Illinois-60101/universal-cab-shady-company-run-by-con-artiststhey-are-like-a-cult-Addison-Illinois-842061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on universal cab