Complaint Review: Universe express moving

• Updated: Sun, March 30, 2014

• Reported By: Adnan — Brooklyn New York
Universe express moving
626 16th street Carlstadt, New Jersey USA

Universe express moving Professional, Thieves, Scammers, Signature Forgers, Liars.... But CERTAINLY.... NOT MOVERS Carlstadt New Jersey

This is not a moving company, this is a professional scamming ring managed by a couple of jerks and thieves. I found this company online last year to move some equipment I had from my storage in Pa to my new business in Syracuse, NY. I called and one of their 2 or so agents named James answered me. He asked me what size truck I was looking for and I told him I don't know a size, but instead gave him a detailed list of the equipment that I'm moving and their sizes, and based on that he told me I need a 54 foot truck and 4 guys to lift the equipment. And told me that the job will cost 1600 flat rate (gas and mileage included). BASED ON THOSE TERMS, I agreed and the moving date was to be two days later. I paid 600 while on the phone with the agent and I was to pay the rest after they move the equipment. On the scheduled day, I got a call from them saying that the truck is coming late and should be there at TWO O'CLOCK, ONLY 4 HOURS LATE, They told me that during the time that they were supposed to be here and after I Got to the storage which is about 2 hours away from where I came. Having no other choice I waited. 5 hours later a 26 foot truck came in with 3 workers. WTF, I was outraged, the first thing the drivers did was try to get me to sign a receipt which of course I didn't, I called the company to see what's going on and why are they not fulfilling with the agreement. When I spoke with James, he seemed to be very nervous and did not know what to say, so he switched the line over to his boss, the head of the whole scam. When I asked him what's going on, he rudely told me that, this is the only size truck that they have. If that's the only size that why did you make up the size that you told me about?. Regardless of the size, the job agreement was for the movers to move all the equipment that was mentioned in the list that I gave them so there was no hidden surprises on my side. So, I asked him, how will he fit all the EQUIPMENT THAT ARE ON THE LIST, he said, that's not his problem, and that If the equipment doesn't fit, he can send me another 26ft truck, hence, I know where he got the number 54, and that I will pay another 1600 to get the job done. So the job went from 1600 to 3200. Obviously at that time I knew it was a scam and SO DID HIS DRIVERS WHO SAID THAT HE HAD DONE THIS TO MANY OTHER CUSTOMERS. I refused this and asked him to refund my 600 dollars if he does not want to stick to the original agreement, He didn't refund it, wasted my entire day.I immediately contacted American express to stop the payment but they didn't and said that they can only dispute it and that turned out to be useless for he redisputed for SEVEN TIMES. It has been a year now since this problem and I'm still trying to get my money back through American express, and he is not only refusing to refund, HE EVEN FORGED MY SIGNATURE, WHICH LOOKS NOTHING LIKE MY REAL SIGNATURE. THIS SITUATION IS SO BAD THAT I MIGHT HAVE TO SPEND MORE TIME AND MONEY TO HIRE A LAWYER AND TAKE THIS s****.>

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universe-express-moving-/Carlstadt-New-Jersey-07072/Universe-express-moving-Professional-Thieves-Scammers-Signature-Forgers-Liars-But-1134778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universe express moving