Complaint Review: University of Central Missouri

• Updated: Fri, June 14, 2013

• Reported By: Ethan Glover — Centerview Missouri
University of Central Missouri
116 E South St Warrensburg, Missouri USA

University of Central Missouri Discriminates Against Military, Refuses to Give Them Benefits Warrensburg Missouri

First issue, I have always had the "Military Tuition Package" (MTP) which exempts me from mandatory, testing and parking fees. This semester, after I had gotten my permit, they decided to charge me the $50. I never agreed to make this payment, I got the permit with the understanding that I would have to. UCM is breaking it's contract and attempting to steal my money.

Second issue, UCM has also begun to tell me that I must choose between MTP and a state law called "Missouri Returning Heroes Act" this reduces my tuition to $50 per credit hour. They say I must choose one or the other the the law clearly establishes the Returning Heroes Act (MRHA) must be considered after all benefits have been taken into consideration.

So I've asked the school 3 questions:
Can UCM reject students who are eligible for MRHA even though state law requires it to take effect?
Can UCM create extra fees on top of MRHA as a way to compensate for their loss in the tuition cost?
Can UCM discrimiate against those who have MRHA and reject other benefits they are eligible as a way to compensate?

I've talked to the Missouri House of Representatives, the Department of Education and many on campus officials. I have yet to receive a clear answer but I'm pushing harder everyday. I'm also reaching out to Missouri Veteran Students, if you are one please contact me at glover.ethan@gmail.com or go to my page on UCM Military Discrimination if you'd like to contact people at UCM to voice your support for no more discrimination.

I'll be updating this report as I get more info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Central-Missouri/Warrensburg-Missouri-64093/University-of-Central-Missouri-Discriminates-Against-Military-Refuses-to-Give-Them-Bene-1059274. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Central Missouri