Complaint Review: university of phoenix

3157 E ELWOOD STREET PHOENIX, Arizona USA

university of phoenix - ANGIE RODRIGUEZ Misinformed and lied ! PHOENIX Arizona

*Author of original report: BEING SCAMMED

*UPDATE Employee: Phoenix University

I have a hard time understanding why such a well known College is with out a doubt the worst and I will not sit back and allow them to ruin my chances of getting my degree. I had several conversations with my advisor in regards to my financial aid and she suggested I take a loan as well if I needed extra money for a laptop etc. I thought that my pell grant would be enough but she said on top of the grant I can get more with a loan. Angie emailed me and talked with me on numerous occasions and gave detailed information as to what I should expect to recieve. I was told one amount from her, got another amount emailed to me from the loan company and another amount from the financial aid dept. I received a check for $2,000 and it stated that I have a balance of $4,500 still on my account. I failed one of my classes and was contacted by an advisor from the college saying that since i failed , I would have to pay for the class before I am able to continue after the 2 courses I am currently taking now,( which should be in June. [continued below]....

..... ) I did not receive any of my pell grant money, and the $2,000 was only half if that, of the loan i took. I want to know how they get away with ripping us off? If I would have known this was going to cost me my entire life savings before I got started I would of never ansd I mean NEVER persued this college. I think they are a scam and I want my money back. I am getting A's in my current classes and they are already paid for ..how is that?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2013 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/university-of-phoenix/PHOENIX-Arizona-85034/university-of-phoenix-ANGIE-RODRIGUEZ-Misinformed-and-lied-PHOENIX-Arizona-1050984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on university of phoenix

BEING SCAMMED

AUTHOR: CHRISTINA - ()

SO PLEASE HELP ME... WHAT CAN I DO? THEY WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO START MY NEW BLOCK ON THE 24TH BECAUSE THEY WANT ME TO PAY FIRST. i KNOW I DO NOT OWE THEM .mY AWARD LETTERE SAID I WAS APPROVED FOR 15,OOO AND I HAVE TO PAY ? I DO NOT GET IT.

Phoenix University

AUTHOR: Dr Ken - ()

I totally agree that Phoenix is built on lies I have been struggling to keep my adjunct job there but like all us adjuncts we are continually threatened to make students happy or academic affairs will find something not quite right with your work in their secret reviews and you are then limited in your course work loads and sent back to a ridiculous over lengthy non paid training again.

This happens all the time and Higher Education is at risk because student retention is now more important than telling students what they need to hear. I have been in this field for twelve years and worked at Phoenix as an adjunct now for seven hard years of intimidations and lies. I feel so sorry for most students who believe the lies of enrollment and academic affairs.